Gunboards Forums banner

LPS 4X6 tip2 scope to WASR-10 side rail

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  45Luger 
#1 ·
I don't think the clamp on my scope is the correct one for my side rail mount. I really would like top use this scope on my WASR-10. Is there anyone who sells the AK type clamp that would fit this scope mount?

There must be such a thing since I've seen WASR-10's with this scope mounted.

Thanks for any leads.

#2 ·
The Romanian Tip2 LPS scope has the SVD/SKS style clamp used on the PSL/ROMAKIII.
It has the stop pin or indexing pin on the reverse side of the clamp. This SVD clamp sits the scope further back and lower to the receiver than a AK clamp.
Most later generation euro rails will allow the both types (AK and SVD) to mount on a rifle (WASR etc.). You have to position the stop pin in the center portion of the rail so the pin is forward of the downturn area on the front 1/3 of the riail. It should slide on forward direction.
If that does not work or suit your eye relief or use of the fixed sights you can try swapping the clamp area with a Russian clamp. I'm not positive the Romanian and Russian are the exact same screw pattern but I beklieve they are.
Kalinka Optics has the AK clamp for $16 here. But try the mounting I described first.

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=61

#3 ·
Tried your suggestions

Thanks for your kind reply. Well, I tried mounting the scope using your technique with no luck. I've wrestled with this thing for hours and have come to the conclusion that this just isn't the right clamp for this side rail.

So, I'll try the AK mount from the vendor you suggested. I'll let you know how this all works out. Thanks again for the help.

#4 ·
Thanks for your kind reply. Well, I tried mounting the scope using your technique with no luck. I've wrestled with this thing for hours and have come to the conclusion that this just isn't the right clamp for this side rail.

So, I'll try the AK mount from the vendor you suggested. I'll let you know how this all works out. Thanks again for the help.
I've had good luck with Eastern Wave when I got my POSP scope! look on ebay!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.