Gunboards Forums banner

Early M-38 SR with bayonet

700 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Nateg513 
#1 ·
I was at my Moms checking on some of the rifles I have there-Re-oiled this and thought to post pictures of it.The rifle shows signs of being out of Yugoslavia-finish wear,extra number stamped over matching stock number,some faint cyrillic scribble on stock.The bayonet has been sharpened and I had to buy the rifle it came on to get the bayonet.It was on a M-38 SR in 6.5 that was one of the 1960's bad refinish Carcanos.At the time I ended up with about 60.00 in the bayonet and I had picked up the early M-38 SR for about 145.00 I felt then that I was lucky to have purchased both pieces.I missed out on another Early M-38 SR back then-waited too long at the show and another collector got it-It was much nicer than this one.

#5 ·
Really I screwed up and didnt buy the one M-38SR first variation at MVGCA-it had 90% blueing and almost no dings in stock.When I bought this Carcano rifles were going for about 60-100.00 and my friends thought I was nuts paying what I did.
Getting a copy of Dick Hobbs book really helped me with my Italian collection and to understand the Carcano Rifle system.Even with the sharpening of the bayonet I was still glad to get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.