PDA

View Full Version : Geco .22 for US sales

breakeyp
11-18-2007, 11:31 AM
This little Geco .22 long rilfe single shot rifle is a German import marked model of 1919 and appears to have been made expressly for US sales. Note the US Patent Office trademark brand on the stock, " I believe this to be a cleaver attempt by Geco and possibly its importer to legitimize a German import during the period of bad feelings following WWI. Germany would have been very hard pressed to raise money to help rebuld its destroyed economy. Geco did their part.

db2044
11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
I have one of these!
"Original Geco Carbine Mod.1919"
Has GECO leaf logo on stock.

Mine is a family hand me down that belonged to grandpa.
I learned to shoot with it as a kid.
It has lived many years in the back of a closet.

I have seen various price estimates on this up to $600!

reddog
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Mine is a Geco Karabiner Model 1919. It has the Geco logo stamped on stock and no import marks. I paid $20 for it. It looks like some of them were destined for the American market.

zampilot
02-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I have the same 'export model'!
Do you have the extractor/ejector? Dont lose it!
Reddog, does yours have "Made in Germany" anywhere on it?

reddog
02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
No it doesn't. Yours is a slightly larger and more sophistocated version of mine. I'm sure mine never was indended to leave prewar Germany and was an early kid's sized version.

zampilot
02-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Gee, I wonder why they wanted 'youth trainers' ? !

raul
02-05-2008, 08:33 PM
A short story about GECO, at the range where we all shoot in Buenos Aires there's an old guy who still practices-when he was a kid GECO had a branch here and the warehouse was situated near this guys house; when argentina declared war to Germany the warehouse was left unatended for some time and the boys in the neighbourhood used to enter walking from rooftop to rooftop, their interest was small arms ammo and they all had a good time at the expense of the third reich-

reddog
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Mine was never a trainer per se. It is a Knabenb├╝sche, or boy's rifle. It's very small and measures somewhere around 30" total length. It can't weigh more than 2 1/2 lbs. at the most. It's job was to shoot garden pests or other things shot by boys.

raul
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
I also have a short german rifle, single shot 22 cal by Ortgies for garden pests,the unique thing is that the barrel is not rifled, it like a small caliber shotgun, tried it with buckshot, its fun

COINSHOOTER
02-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Mine is a Geco Karabiner Model 1919. It has the Geco logo stamped on stock and no import marks. I paid $20 for it. It looks like some of them were destined for the American market.
I also have part of one of these neat little .22's. Mine is marked: Original Geco Carabiner Mod 1919. It is plain model - no checkering on stock, no sling attachments, not marked "Made in Germany". It is 40 in OAL. It is marked on butt stock with Geco Insignia and mine has Geco insignia on top of the receiver ring. Now the bad news, complete bolt, trigger guard, and butt plate are all missing. Also left side of stock along receiver is splintered off.
Coinshooter

reddog
02-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I can't get into the area to measure mine due to recovery from an operation but I'd say mine is similar in size. It is not a full sized rifle and sized for a boy.

Too bad about the missing parts.

Fushigi Ojisan
03-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow, all the Google hits are returning me to Gunboards.

I am still trying to figure out how the heck a Geco barrel ended up on a Winchester action. Other than the Modell ID on top and the caliber.proofs on the left side near the back, what other markings would I expect to find?

ryanjudysports
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
hi I have 3 of these gecos and im having a really hard time finding a replacement extractor. all 3 of mine are missing the extractors. can one of you do a machine diagram for me so i can get a repalcement made for mine? All i need are some basic measurements and a machine drawing. The extractor is really similar to my ZKM 468 and ZKM 1 brno rifles but the one for the geco is smaller. any help would be much appreciated. pictures are good too. BTW all three rifles are also for sale. -ryan judy

poma
02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi ryanjudysports.
I have one of these rifles and prepared a drawing. The rifle was purchased by my grandfather in Sweden, or possibly Norway. Hopefully you┤ll be able to make som new extractors from my drawing. Let┤s try and keep these nice little rifles in good working order!

Unfortunately, the only way I could post it was by taking a screenshot of MS Word, paste the image into Photoshop and then save as JPG image. Still it should be good enough if you zoom it to 100%
kind regards
//Pontus401933

gunfyr1
02-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey poma,
I'm a new member and I wonder if I could get you to send the drawing my way in an e-mail since I don't get an image when I try to pull up your attachment.
If so please send to: [email protected]

therealdeihl
08-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Anyone have a bolt for a geco 1919 22 or does anyone know where I can find one? I have a nice gun but the bolt was lost. thanks

Mountainman
08-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm also in need of a bolt and the good news is I am a machinist. So at this point, even if one is not available for sale, all I need is one to take teh dims off of and then we can have a bunch of Geco bolts. I need bolt assembly and that funny looking extractor. All I have is sights stock barrell recvr and trigger.

nutz4gunz
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/gunwolf/005-9.jpg
try this link it may help =)

tcopeland
12-21-2011, 05:36 PM
this is in reply to mountain man concerning the geco 1919 bolt. i have the complete rifle with an extra bolt assembly that i purchased a few years ago for a spare. if interesteed in copying it to make more i would be willing to ship the spare to you. i too would like to get a new not so worn out out bolt. my email is [email protected] we are from ohio.
thanks
tim

tcopeland
01-08-2012, 01:29 AM
mountainman
i have an extra bolt for the geco 1919 carbine. i bought it as a spare off ebay a few years ago. i live in ohio and could ship it to you for copy. my email is [email protected]
tim copeland
versailles ohio

I'm also in need of a bolt and the good news is I am a machinist. So at this point, even if one is not available for sale, all I need is one to take teh dims off of and then we can have a bunch of Geco bolts. I need bolt assembly and that funny looking extractor. All I have is sights stock barrell recvr and trigger.

ironsight1985
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Sorry to bump this thread, but is there anyone which has a copy of the original posters attachments?

After finding out that I will inherit one of these rifles I took a look at it and found that it is missing the extractor. If anyone can point me in the direction of plans or schematics/patents it would be much appreciated!

All the best.

noone
12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey,
if someone has the prints / schematics/plans or just plain measurements of the extractor, could you post the links here or send an email to me? (to [email protected]). Thanks in advance

Consilio Et Animis
03-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I just bought one of these for $30. It's a model 1922 in .22 & man is it ROUGH but all of the important parts are there. The stock is splintered/chunk broken off on the left side of the bolt. Seems a fairly common issue. Anyone know where I can source a 'new' (original) stock?