Gunboards Forums banner

New addition of a 1935 Beretta

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rickyracer2 
#1 ·
I just picked up a new to me Beretta model 1935 in .32 auto the other day at a local gunshop. It appears to be in nice shape but it does have an after market magazine. It looks like it was built in 1936. I do have a question about one of the markings though. At the rear of the left grip panel there is a what looks like a flying eagle and underneath is interlocked script of the letters P and B. I would asume that the P & B are for p. Beretta but what does the eagle stand for? Any ideas would be great. I guess I will have to look for an original magazine and I will be good to go. Thanks

#3 ·
As stated by Dogwalker, this is an Italian air force accepted pistol. I believe the other marking is either an intertwined "FB" or "BF" or possibly an FTP (can't tell in your picture).
I have never seen a "PB" which wouldn't be Pietro Beretta (in this area anyway). These would be the initials of the Italian inspector who inspected the pistol (initial of the last name is first).
David Franchi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.