Gunboards Forums banner

Source of synthetic stock?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pbrennan 
#1 ·
I bought a nice Husqvarna in .358 Norma Magnum caliber last month. I have mounted a scope and plan to hunt with it this Fall. However, the stock is just too nice to take in the field, especially since I hear they often develop cracks in the magnum versions. Can anyone recommend a good synthetic stock that would fit my Husqvarna? I believe it is a model 1651. I will, of course, keep the factory stock. Thanks for any replies.

#2 ·
Hej TWalker,

I bought a Bell & Carlson synthetic for a 9.3x62, m/38 action that had a tired old stock. If I remember the website, they also listed for the HVA 1600 series rifles, but it has been a while and the memory is foggy.

#3 ·
I just checked the Bell & Carlson web site and their new catalog. Husqvarna rifles aren't listed, just the small ring Mauser. Try the following link and see if these folks are any more help:
http://www.mpistocks.com/

The question about synthetic stocks for the 1600/1900 series rifles pops up with some regularity. It appears that these rifles have no "drop in" stocks made for them. A custom maker, such as McMillan or H&S Precision could build one up, but then you are getting into some money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.