Gunboards Forums banner

Husqvarna adjustable trigger

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kriggevaer 
#1 · (Edited)
Reading through the old catalogs and Gun Digests it appears that the adjustable Timney trigger was an option on many models.

Does anyone know if certain models had the adjustable trigger more often or standard, as in the North American imports or Swedish models? Can you tell without taking the stock off? Any other tips?

So, would a Model 3000 have a better chance of having the trigger than a standard Md 1640?

Thanks,
Doug

#2 ·
Hi Doug,
SBHVA or Pettson will know better than I, but I think the Timney triggers were a Tradewinds (the USA distributor) option. I don't know if the Timneys were installed at the factory or not. I was under the impression that they weren't, but stand to be corrected on that. The Timneys have a grooved trigger and at least in the 1600 series the triggers I have seen are smooth.

#3 ·
Yes, certain models did come from the factory with the adjustable trigger. In the US, the model 7000 Imperial, 6000 Imperial, and the Presentation model all came with the adjustable trigger. All true examples of these models have "Imperial" and "Presentation" stamped on the barrel following the chambering stamping. In Sweden, the "Special" and "Lyx" models had the adjustable.

There are 3 different factory triggers for the 1640 action guns: The non-adjustable smooth face trigger found on the early US 1640 actions, all the H5000's, and in Sweden every model not mentioned above; the non-adjustable grooved face trigger found on later US 1640 action models and rarely on Swedish models; the adjustable grooved face trigger.

These adjustable triggers were all made by Timney (about 4,000 total), but can be found marked "Tradewinds", Husqvarna, Timney, or no markings at all. They look like a model 98 adjustable without a safety and sometimes are mistaken for that.

There are 2 easy ways to spot the adjustable without taking the action out of the stock. One is that the non-adjustable grooved trigger is rounded (convex) across the face while the adjustable is flat. In other words, if you laid a straight edge on the face of the adjustable, the peaks of the grooves would all be touching the straight edge. The non-adjustable would bend away from the straight edge. The second way to tell is that the grooves on the non-adjustable go way up the trigger and disappear into the stock. On the adjustable, the radius of the trigger and the grooves stop and then the trigger goes straight up into the stock. This may be a little hard to visualize, but for those of you that have a 1640, go look at the trigger and you will see what I mean.

I think you are more likely to find an adjustable on a US model, but I have found some on recent Swedish imports too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.