PDA

View Full Version : Weird little machine pistol

RuralTurtle
07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I remember reading about an odd machine pistol some years back. It basically looked like a shrunk down 1911, was chambered in .22LR, had a 10 round magazine and was made in Mexico. Considering it's chambering and low capacity, I can't imagine it was a military arm.

Anyone know what it was that I saw? Just curious. Thanks.

villafuego
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
You're thinking of the "Trejo"....Model 1a....

Manufacturers logo was a small outline of an apple on the slide, and grip......neat little guns

RuralTurtle
07-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks, that helps w/ the googling quite a bit. :)

royke
07-08-2008, 12:34 PM
You're thinking of the "Trejo"....Model 1a....

Manufacturers logo was a small outline of an apple on the slide, and grip......neat little guns

Fun little shooter, I fired two different types over 40 years ago. The rate of fire made the
MG42 seem slow, two bursts per mag, one if you were slow to release trigger. A full mag burst
sounded like one long shot, baaang! I sometimes wish that I had one now......Oh well......

raul
07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I fired one some ten years ago, it was not digesting any ammo, only the high speed were
fed without interruption-It was fun and I could not convince the guy to sell it to me, it is a very rare piece-

akb
07-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I had a friend, now deceased, who was a Class III collector in Houston, named Joe Gatreau.
Joe had both varieties of this pistols, which he flew down to Mexico and purchased there, then imported them back into the US for his personal collection. He said the Trejo was used in the apple orchards of Mexico to scare off the birds therein. I know, seems a bit far-fetched, but when one considers the cyclic rate of these tiny pistols, what else would they be good for? He said they were very rare, cost him a pretty picture, and were not consistent, condition-wise, with the rest of his collection of full automatic pistols.

max popenker
07-09-2008, 04:23 AM
a picture for those who never seen one (myself, i only seen the photos as well ;)

ANDREY
07-09-2008, 06:32 AM
What would be the practical use for these? What were they designed for?
BRGDS, A

raul
07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Andrey, questioning the practical use of a full auto pistol with a barrel less than 4 inches long is ignoring that the greatest part of this hobby is to have fun, even buying crap, like this mexican pistol-No controlability, no precision, faulty feeding, but when it works and the volley of 22's fly all around we have a moment of joy-No practical use at all-

ANDREY
07-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Well, that's a good enough reason for me :-)
I just wondered if there was some tactical application.

Best Regards,
A

JKinHouston
07-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I had a friend, now deceased, who was a Class III collector in Houston, named Joe Gatreau.
Joe had both varieties of this pistols, which he flew down to Mexico and purchased there, then imported them back into the US for his personal collection. He said the Trejo was used in the apple orchards of Mexico to scare off the birds therein. I know, seems a bit far-fetched, but when one considers the cyclic rate of these tiny pistols, what else would they be good for? He said they were very rare, cost him a pretty picture, and were not consistent, condition-wise, with the rest of his collection of full automatic pistols.

Quite rare today. A local shop has one of the semi-auto only versions, price is $1200 in very good condition.

J