Gunboards Forums banner

What happened to the K98 trader board idea?

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  DieselNut 
#1 ·
Just thought I see if there was any movement on the idea of the K98 rifle/parts trader board that was talked about some time ago. Anyone have any idea's or was this just wishful thinking on my part? Someone fill me in if possible.....Ranger-1

#2 ·
I am not sure it is dead

I think when the board changed the K98 trader board idea was forgotten. I am still game. I several sporter restoration projectst that could use a little help. I have a couple of interesting bolts and bits and pieces that could be used for trade.

#10 ·
I think when the board changed the K98 trader board idea was forgotten. I am still game. I several sporter restoration projectst that could use a little help. I have a couple of interesting bolts and bits and pieces that could be used for trade.
If you have any non collectible chopped wood or bolts turned for scope I'd be interested in taking them off your hands.

#4 ·
K98 trader board

I guess we need to talk to Vic on this. Since E-Bay has made their intentions known it's like the lights went out. Mabe we could use one thread and just 4 or 5 pages to start with. Whole rifles, parts, WTB ect. I'm sure this would grow into a popular board. Sunfish

#5 ·
I'm still IN!
I like the WTS forum, but my k98 tidbits seem to make it to page 2,10,20 pretty quick with all the bumps and "please delete" posts.
I think a k98 WTS forum (or a Mauser WTS only forum) would help unclog the original WTS forum, which would please two groups, US and everybody else!

#6 ·
I think it is a great idea. It would be very helpful for those of us that like doing the R/C "period correct" restorations.

The one thing I noticed since eBay latest restrictions is that it is difficult to find good bolts and bolt parts. I've seen a small number begin to pop on Gunbroker though...

#7 ·
+1 It gets old culling through the WTS ads for K98 parts. We should know by now what our parts are worth. I can still get the odd part sold on Ebay but it would be great to be able to sell direct to the K98 fans that know what they want and need.

#14 ·
The problem is that if we started a seperate WTS forum for K98ks, there would be one for MNs, Enfields, Arisakas, etc. Anyone wanting to "shop" WTS ads is going to have to surf various ads for each section. The search feature in the regular "WTS" section should accomplish the goal of finding "mauser" or "98k" items for sale. I like looking through various WTS ads as I would enjoy walking a gunshow (back when there really were gunshows).
Regards,
HB

#15 ·
Trader board

I gotcha Ham...But I thought we (K98 guys) had a little pull over the "other guys" and thought the k98 trader board was worth trying. But all BS aside I do understand that if you do for one you gotta do for the others...don't like that but gotta go with the flow sometimes. Just my two cents. Ranger-1

#17 ·
K98 Trader

Ham, It's a good idea (k98 trader) and I know sometimes a guy is "on a mission" looking for that special part(s) and you don't have time to weed through all the other "stuff". Yes, it's fun to look through all the add's and sometimes a guy comes up with a bargin when you were not even looking for such a thing. Wishful thinking. Maybe someday. Ranger-1.

Thanks for the input!

#19 ·
Why cant it be a sub section to the K98 Mauser Forum?(kinda like a sticky, but for k98 parts) We are a close knit bunch of folks and just wish there was a special place just for K98ers to find what they need... I know I am in search of some parts right now, like others and it is hard and time consuming.
Mike

#22 · (Edited)
Why can't everyone selling k98/mauser parts just PM or email me directly... That way I don't have to search for anything. :D

You know an automatic distro system. Every member to gunboards can set up a "trader profile" of what they are interested in. Say I select enfield, arisaka, mauser or k98 for string searches and every time a new listing is posted in WTS/WTT it is scanned for the predetermined strings and a PM or email is sent to the members. sorta like the subscribe to thread option that we have. Sellers could still make one listing for all of their items. You may still miss some listing for mispelling and just incomplete discripts but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

This could be processed on the back end and it may take a little time to process but it would be convienient for users of any/all forums...

Then again it might bring the server to its knees...

Just a thought to make technology work for us...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.