Gunboards Forums banner

Found the answer to the Brass Croatian Coat of Arms in 59/66's

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bch7773 
#1 ·

Ok I made contact with a Bayonet collector in Croatia who has forwarded photos and a description of the Brass Croatian Coat of Arms and it's use!

These SKS 59/66 standard rifle are loaded with the Brass Plates and used by the Ceremonial Battalion of the Croatian President (Cermony Protection Battalion)! He also noted that this is the first time he has heard of a Croation Ceremonial Rifle in the USA!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, very exciting stuff for me! Congrats on finding out what it is!

Now I wonder how the heck it got imported. Guns like that could be kept for years and years in ceremonial use. And I wonder what year the Battalion came into existence? And how many other Yugo guns have come out of Croatia?

And if you find another... I want it :)

#4 ·

Found this one at Wikipedia! There are more of these here! Quanity unknown, and I don't know what the cost will be! May be a while before he releases them! If I hear something I'll post it in this forum! Everyone have a great day!

#12 ·
Looks like a SKS with a little Croat crest. Big deal. Dont see how its the coolest thing ever seen

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
:tisk: There are many old sayings, and even a Bible passage (Matthew 13:13), about "looking" but not "seeing". It's a shame that you can't see how special and rare a rifle this is. To those of us who collect the SKS it's a newly found and very desirable variant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.