Gunboards Forums banner

Winchester Model 56 .22 Long Rifle

10K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Skyler Ryan 
#1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post here to the board. I am seeking information on a family heirloom that was handed to my father from his grandfather. It is a Winchester Model 56 .22 caliber long rifle that was produced in 1927, according to its serial number.

I am seeking a value on the gun for insurance purposes and a "want to know" interest. My father used this gun as a kid and earned expert marksmanship with it [among others] and it has a deep sentimental value. I would also like to know if it will detract the value of the gun to use it, as I have not shot it in over 15 years.

I took it to a few gun stores for input and received a wide response. I heard anywhere from $300-$1100 dollars. I was also given that its condition was 90-95%. I don't know who to believe because most of them offered to buy the gun or trade a new gun for it. Only one older man seemed honest. Given all of this, I would just like to know the true value. However, sentimentally it is priceless.

I was told the only detractors for its value were loss of bluing on the trigger guard and a tad on top of the bolt. Other than that its fantastic, all original and the barrel looked perfect.

Here are a few pictures that I hope will help value the gun monetarily.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.