Gunboards Forums banner

Top Five Most Rare Guns In Your Collection

104K views 460 replies 304 participants last post by  Edgy01 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone considers their top five most rare in their collection based on how you view them. Some of my most rare aren't my most expensive. For me they would be,

1. Polish Vis 35 1939 Dated 99% with correct holster and extra magazine.

2. Tula M44 YY18 Training rifle. Same one up on Ted's site.

3. Ex-Sniper Yugo 59/66. Still looking for the mount though along with the twin the member Denny has here in a M59

4. Mosin Nagant Dragoon updated with the Finn modified front sight.

5. J.P. Saur drilling that is almost like new.

Runners up for me,
1. Peruvian short rifle that turned out to be only of a handful known, sold to another member here since South American mausers aren't my collecting focus.

2. Karab 98B that has total mixed up parts and a bad bore, so the condition brought it off the list.

See less See more
#313 · (Edited)
Nothing really much in the rare category, maybe some unusual stuff, but still some good stuff, in my eyes
1956 Arsenal 26 Type 53, Crisp bore and good bluing
Wood Air gun

1934 Izhevsk Finn Capture 91/30
Wood Hardwood Floor Shotgun

1958 Romanian SKS
Musical instrument Trigger String instrument Guitar String instrument

Unissued 1937 Nagoya Arisaka Type 38 Carbine, 4th Series (I believe).
Gun Shotgun Wood Air gun Trigger

1960's M21 code Chinese SKS
Gun Rifle Wood Shotgun Air gun

1995 Arsenal Brand Makarov
Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

#314 · (Edited)
Had to give this some thought... Anyhow, in no particular order:

1. LEE No4 Mk1T Sniper Rifle W/ matching Tel STG No 32 Mk 3 scope (W&B marked), accessories inc. sling and correct original wooden crate.

2. JOHNSON M1941 Semi-Auto Rifle, orig finish, 30-06, with original bayonet & scabbard & sling

3. SPENCER M1865 Cavalry Carbine (Burnside), near mint, striking case coloring, wood, cartouches, and bore

4. MOSIN NAGANT M91/30 Hungarian Sniper 1953, Vietnam w/capture papers, Scope by Plant NKV #297 Yoshkar-Ola in original Hungarian mount.

5. German G43 WWII semi-auto DUV44 Waa214, Total match, Vet bring-back w/early features w/original sling, repro mount and original correct scope Gw ZF4 ddx (triangle), clear optics and original lens covers.

6. Japanese T97 Rifle Sniper matching KOKURA w/mis-matched Scope (of course)

7. Austria/Germany STEYR M1912 Nazi "Eagle L" Schutzpolizei Wiesbaden Police pistol, Vet Bring-back, correct matching 9mm Luger barrel. All matching w/orig finish & original canvas/leather holster.

8. Not worth a whole lot but rare in this condition: Russia NAGANT M1895 (1915) Russian PTG Revolver W/leather holster, ORIGINAL, NOT rebuilt, strawed & fire blue parts, all matching.... Did I say Original, matching, NOT refurbed w/mint bore?

9. LEE Enfield MkV - 1924, original wood & cartouches, original finish, & all matching.

10. Mosin M91 NEW US surcharged. Minty & matching.

Sorry. Got carried away. I'll stop now..

Cheers

#315 ·
Nothing mega rare, I've had them but I don't keep them long as I prefer shooters.

1943/52 "MO" marked M38 with mint bore.

1938 Izhevsk 91/30 all original matching, non-refurb.

1942 Tikka M91 Unissued

GM Hydramatic M16A1

Smith & Wesson .38spl Hand Ejector. My great grandfather killed two bank robbers with it in 1932 in South Carolina as a Sheriff's Deputy, that one stays in the family ;)

#316 ·
Nothing hugely rare and in no particular order:

1. 1943 Tikka M39
2. 1898 Belgian M1895 Nagant Revolver
3. 1939 Marlin 39a (First Year of production)
4. 1936 Winchester Model 12 20ga
5. 1910-1916? "Lunch Box" M1895 Nagant Revolver (Legitimacy still undetermined)

#324 ·
We all started somewhere and I have never acquired a firearm that I haven't liked! Actually one of my all time favorites that has never made any list here on GB is my Grandfather's hand-me-down M1890 Winchester pump-action .22 short with the old octagonal barrel. As far as sentimental value, I'd rate the Winchester right up there with my Manton .500NE 3" that I've used in Africa for over 26 years. I suppose this warrants a comparison photo of a .22 short alongside a .500NE 3" cartridge???

Or as the old song goes, love the one your with!

;>)

JPS

#327 ·
I only own FIVE firearms, so they are ALL rare, to me!

Most rare is my 1901 Imperial Czar M91, without any import marks! Have her in a 1891/30 stock though, for I seek the M91 stock and bands.

Others are all M1891/30's, a 1928 Tula, a 1943 Izhevsk, both matching #'s; a 1943 Ishevsk forced matching; and my 5/43 Enfield No. 4 MkI Fazakerly!

All have bayonets affixed, on the wall racks.

#336 ·
Hey Rick, Your PL marked M39 is actually a 1941. The date stamp for that year looks very much like "1944" and confused a lot of people. Also, the PL stamp was used only for a few months in 1942, and is found mostly on 1941 dated M39's. I have one myself and can't get over how much it looks like "1944" until look examine it more closely.

#342 ·
One is probably my 1895 Winchester, with both length bayonets. Don't have any pics with the short bayo, but it sure is a good shooter.

And a couple other recent acquisitions. First is a 1895 Tula M91. Non import marked, with a German sleeve adapted to the fore end of the barrel to accept the German Mauser style bayonets. This pic it has a butcher blade fixed. It also has what appears to be a Austro/German style unit marking on the butt plate putting it in an artillery unit.

The predecessor to the M91 rifle, this is a Berdan II, 1884 Sestroryetsk. It is AZF Austrian depot marked, and has Austrian wire sling hangers that were installed through drilled holes in the stock.

#344 ·
Here are my top five.

1. Ex-Nazi, Ex-Soviet, Ex-East German, Ex-Iraqi 98k. This rifle is well traveled and been through 4 failed governments. Built in 1942 by Gustlof Werke, captured by the Russians, rebuilt for the Volkspolizei and so marked, sent to Iraq where it received the Jeem marking. These Iraqi marked guns were imported from Israel so you could add that country to the list also. Rifle is all matching except for the bolt.

2. 1906 DWM Gew.98, pioneer unit marked. All original untouched attic find.

3. Bosnian War field built sniper utilizing Zrak optics and mounts. Numbers matching Yugo refurbed bcd 43 98k.

4. Type 2 Arisaka paratrooper rifle only 20,000 made

5. 1912 Steyr Hahn, 1919 manufacture, part of 60,000 that were converted by Mauser Oberndorf to 9mm Luger for police use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.