Gunboards Forums banner

What do I have? "Armes Unique Hendaye BP France"

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  D. Short 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a bunch of gun related "junk" at an auction. In the bottom of the box was a cylindrical piece that looks like a miniature suppressor. Overall, it is 8.5" long, and has a diameter of approx 7/8". One end is slotted as if it might slip over a front sight and then twist on with a friction fit. There is a small band of knurling ahead of this. And I believe the markings are as mentioned in the title...although with these failing eyes it may be a little off!?
If you would like to see a pic, please email me at shorts@kci.net.
Thank you for your help!

#2 ·
Yes, it's a sound suppressor for 22LR carbines made by Unique for their range of carbines. there was two types of suppressor, one for carbines with threaded barrel like the popular X51 bis, and one with a bayo sleeve to lock on the front sight identical to your description for the V49 and X51.
My first rifle as a kid, was a 22LR autoloader X51 bis from Unique, with the threaded barrel and the sound suppressor.
It is a very basic design, with washers interspeded by springs, the model I had could be dismantled for cleaning.

A Unique V49 carbine in 22LR with sound suppressor

kelt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.