Gunboards Forums banner

MAS 49/56 Price check

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  kelt 
#1 ·
I have what looks to be an unfired MAS 49/56 with sling, bayonet, nite sites, French Army scope, mount and case. I'm sure the rifle is arsenal refinished. I'm not interested in selling, but I need to put a value on it. I'd appreciate any help.

#4 ·
Ballpark $1000

The MAS 49/56 in the condition you speak are in the $550-700 range in my part of the woods.... (Alaska) with all accessories and scope add $500 more.

So ball park price figure $1000.00

I paid $550 for mine in the same condition with all accessories (sadly without scope) in 2007..... (Anchorage, AK)

#5 ·
I paid 1250.00 for a 49/56.................in 1984.

#6 · (Edited)
Ouch....Vic ...I had No Idea.....

OUCH...... That had to Hurt when the 49/56 "Invasion" took place.

I had a local friend that "teased" me with a 49/56 back around that time....83/84

I wanted it......he let me "fondle" it....even take it home....Knowing I would take it apart and clean it for him.

If I remember correctly ....he wanted about $700 ....I agreed...by phone.....

A few days later....he now wanted about $1200 ..... Perhaps he found you vic ;-)

I declined......ran lots of Wanted ads in SGN....finally snagged one in 1985 for $500 .....still have that one.......has the RARE Closed end Muzzle Brake/Type 2 below......instead of the Common Open Flash Hider....Type 3

Ahhhhh .....The Good Ol' Days

Buddy

PS......Vic...did many deals like yours.........

1984 paid $850 for a Hakim
1982 traded a Steyr AUG for a really Nice Vz52....yeah 7.62x45 .....OUCH !
1983 traded a Colt SP1 Carbine and $800 cash for a Vz52/57....Mint...No Importers Marks

Luckily....most of my Collection was purchased LONG ago......WAY Below Current Value

#7 ·
Buddy,

What is the serial number range of your 49-56 with the type 2 muzzle brake? there is a controversy here about when MAS switched to flash hiders.

I didn't notice before the specks of lint lodged in the holes of the type 2 muzzle brake, it's a good reminder to always brush the nook and crannies before taking a closup picture.

kelt

#8 ·
Buddy,

What is the serial number range of your 49-56 with the type 2 muzzle brake? there is a controversy here about when MAS switched to flash hiders.

kelt
My Type 2 Muzzle Brake 49/56 serial Number is G41178

Again....purchased WAY Before the 49/56 "Importation Wave"

also Kelt.......go look at this thread again....>>> K-Var Mas 49/56 Scope Mount ....about early L806 Mounts

Buddy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.