Thread: MG-13 magazine and Hakim

Default MG-13 magazine and Hakim

I just purchased my first Hakim and it came with an original magazine and an MG-13 magazine as well. To my surprise the Mg-13 mag fits and functions fine. My question is: does the MG-13 magazine have to modified to work with the Hakim or will it work as-issued?

Thanks!
    I'm just angry at myself for expecting more. - T. Helm

It seems what we value in our culture is inversely proportional to what is substantive. - Me

It must be modified, and depending on how much, the mag well in the rifle may also need mods. The mags that jb makes and sells here on this forum do not need rifle mods to work and are the best ones to use.
    Loren

Well I looked at the magazine and the mag well carefully and it looks as if the only the magazine was lightly modified. I'm surprised as to how little you have to modify these mags to get them to work with the Hakim.
    I'm just angry at myself for expecting more. - T. Helm

It seems what we value in our culture is inversely proportional to what is substantive. - Me

Basically the squared rail on the rear of the mag must be rounded off and the slot where the mag lever snaps into the mag is in a different place, the mag mods are fairly small. If the rail is still square then the rifles trigger guard assembly has been opened up at the rear mag well opening to allow more room for the MG13 mag to go in. You can compare it to your small mag and see if it has a square or rounded rear section. I think the bolt hold open lever on the MG13 mag need to be reshaped to.
    Loren

I found a webpage on this mod, but the pics no longer show
    http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache...&gl=us&strip=0

A couple of good close-up pics on this one would really help. Would rather follow illustrated directions than experiment with non-free parts. Have mags & a nice Hakim and don't want to modify the magwell, if someone already knows how to avoid it

I invite anyone who's done it to post pics here or email direct: [email protected] just remove the X's; 'Hakim Mag' in the heading

Thanks

Steve in El Paso
    Last edited by cntrailrider; 04-06-2009 at 02:30 PM.

I never got around to buying the MG-13 mag from JB, but apparently it took little modification.
    "Conceal Carry. Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away."