Gunboards Forums banner

Coles Distributing Fire

9K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  Skratch 
#1 ·
I won an auction on a repro PE sniper the other day from them, and just received this Email from them. Sad to know that a bunch of C&R guns just got burnt to nothing. Hoping for the best for everyone working there...

**ATTENTION** **ATTENTION** **ATTENTION**

COLE DISTRIBUTING HAS EXPERIENCED A TOTAL LOSS IN A FIRE.

PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR AUCTIONS FROM THIS DAY (MAY 15TH, 2018) FORWARD.

This is a tragedy. We realize and understand some have already paid for their items and hopefully, very soon, we can get things sorted out and refunds made. We ask for your patience as we sort through everything and process this loss. We are only a few hours out of the fire starting so we aren't sure where we go from here.

Again, we apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you but give us a few days to get everything sorted out and we will get your refunds to you.

Thank you all for your business over the years. We have greatly appreciated your business. We also appreciate all thoughts and prayers as we go through the clean up.

Best Regards

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm afraid it was probably a decent amount. Before the fire on gunbroker they had around 16 pages of different Israeli police trade ins, some mosins, and russian capture K98's. They were sitting on alot of RC K98's it appeared as I noticed they would sell around 5-10 every week or 2 before putting up more. Who knows what else was lost in the fire

#9 ·
I recall,when I was living in Raleigh so many years ago now,my Roommate got a very nice Yugo mauser from them,for the handsome cost of $79 as I recall....man milsurp stuff was cheap and plentiful back then,compared to what I see being offered now....no comparison.

#10 ·
Man poor Gary must be rolling around in his grave. That company long respected and loved by collectors everywhere since he is gone has sure had bad luck in the past years. They still were offering reasonable price and quality stuff from what people said. Kind of makes you wonder? Bill

#16 ·
They may get the business going again, but I'm betting they're never the source for milsurps that they formerly were. A lot of the stuff they were currently selling on Gunbroker was doubtlessly leftover stock from the days when Gary was still alive, and no longer even available for import.

#17 ·
Just got a nice former Israeli Sig 228 2 weeks ago and was going to get another. What a shame for their, and our, loss!

#21 ·
Just bought a CZ 70 from them a couple weeks back. Was so cheap I had too. Almost all of my used pistols came from them and was never disappointed. Sure hope they bounce back. Most stock I think is pretty current as I see same stuff from other vendors. But no doubt some of this was old stock and I am like very body else saddened to hear of the fire. I seldom like a vendor as much as I like CDI. By the way the CZ 50 and 70 pistols were rough exterior but mine was not real bad at all, very clean inside and ex bore. Functions fine, got to read and remember though that some came without mags and you had to figure that into the equation. Sarco Star pistols same thing. Well good luck and better fortune to CDI from this quarter.
Regards, John.

#25 ·
Oh yeah, the old days for me, twenty years ago I bought some things, and afterward,.....also items with their import mark, ...still have some of those things so coles marked. Seems rather suspicious, I wonder if some anti's had something to do with it, never know these days, its getting dangerous out there.

#28 ·
Hate to have to bump this thread but, Is there anyone else who has recently purchased an item from them that is dealing with this fire/refund issues? I know theres a few others in the GB feedback who are trying to communicate with them and have had no luck. It has been two weeks since I won my auction and they still have not responded or answered to any phone calls or emails. I can't imagine that there was that many people they would have to refund, and would think they could atleast try to respond back to us after almost two weeks.

#29 ·
This is Roger W. from CDI. Gary Cole was my friend for over 25 years. At my friends request - I have been running CDI for the past 3+ years (9 months prior to Gary's death in 2015).

As many of you already know we experienced a catastrophic fire of our main warehouse and office on the morning of May 15th. We lost all of our firearms inventory in the fire. Total loss. We lost all computers and the majority of our records in the fire. Our phone system was a VOIP system - destroyed - that is why no one is answering phones or returning messages.

The heirs to Gary Cole's estate have decided not to continue in the firearms business.

The last of the credit card refunds should have been processed today. I wish that we could have gotten these out sooner - but we did the best we could under the circumstances. Receipts were supposed to have been sent to the email accounts on file with Gunbroker when the refunds were processed. If you are one of the many waiting for CC refunds - please check your accounts.

Money Orders: As all of the sales paperwork burned up in the fire - we have been unable to determine a method to process refunds that we alone can initiate. Unfortunately, I think your quickest method of refund is to take your receipt stub back to the Post Office and apply for a refund. If the PO says that your MO has been cashed - contact us at cdisales01@gmail.com with a scanned copy of the PO rejection of refund statement. There is no quick or easy answer here.

I will monitor this thread and do the best I can to answer some questions. Please email the cdisales01@gmail.com from this point for specific inquires.

I want to personally thank you all for your business. I wish this story were ending differently for CDI. Change is part of life - and we are not ultimately in charge of it.

God Bless!
Roger W.

#31 ·
Roger, I am very sad to read this. I hope that you and your staff are all physically unhurt. I can't imagine all of the details you'll have to deal with to settle with customers, insurance company(ies?), banks, the BATFE and no doubt many others. Thanks for taking the time to give us that update.

I also hope that you and your staff are okay emotionally and financially. The shock of a business disappearing suddenly has to be enormous for those of you who managed and ran it. I hope you all land on your feet and are able to move on constructively. Hang in there.

Finally, as a long-time customer and advocate for CDISales and Cole Distributing before that, I am dazed by this news. The firearms community has lost a great resource and lost future interactions with the great people there.

I wish the best for all of you.

hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.