Thread: correct scope base for meopta

Question correct scope base for meopta

need info. on original scope mount for meopta lovec scope in the SN# 223,000 range.any info on which rifles they were mounted on would be greatly appreciated also. it also has antireflex stamped on the side. thanks in advance. boots1

this scope is post war made. mostly czech used before and early after the war are the double claw SPORTER version not wartime tall double claws. this was not used 100% of the time almost ANY post war solder on or pressure/friction scope mounts were used as they were sold ALL over the EU. from the little info gathered they made some post WWII military scope that have a c (C) suffix before the serial but i am still figuring this out could be mis-information. I can't find any other scope ppl to talk about it so i am doing this research solo for now since greggdw has fell off the face of the planet with some serious problems good luck to him.

later
    vaughn
    Last edited by vaughn99; 04-05-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Hi vaughn

I also have a Lovec, in the 68,000 range.

Are these basically non-military knock-off's/look alikes for the Hensoldt Wetzlars. Were there any pre war ?. Any actually used by the German's.

O/b/t/w Yes, I believe, you have become the person to go to for rifle scope info, since Greggdw has ---disappeared. That's sad, he truly knew his stuff and I hope all of the guy's who had scopes in his care had there property returned.

Anyway, thank's in advance for whatever info you have on these.

J. Strunk

Default hard to find

are the scope bases hard to find? where could I look? and what would be a fair price to pay? thankyou for the previous info. boots1

Quote Originally Posted by boots1 View Post
    need info. on original scope mount for meopta lovec scope in the SN# 223,000 range.any info on which rifles they were mounted on would be greatly appreciated also. it also has antireflex stamped on the side. thanks in advance. boots1
    Please post some photos of the scope. It would make it much easier to determine the info you asked for.
    I never met a gun I didn't like!
    Dogs are better people than most people.

Hey Boots1

Are the scope rings attached to your Lovec actually solder on??

If so, you might have a big uphill fight, on ever finding the correct bases which match the rings, (actually claw mounts) they fit. This subject has come up on the sniper board before. Basically, the mounts and bases are hand crafted to fit together. If both the front and back claw mounts are about the same hight, they more than likely came off a drilling, which are very big in europe. If the front claw is shorter than the back and the space between them will cover the front receiver and back bridge of a 98 receiver, they more than likely were used on a rifle with a 98 action. There are endless things to consider with claw mounts, will the bases fit, will they lock-up, will the windage adjustment work, will they be high enough so the bolt will clear the scope when install.

The only claw mounted scope I have is a Russian PE which was captured by the Germans which had all of it's russian makings removed as well as, the recoil ring and adjusting turrets removed. I think it must have been mounted by the Germans on a K98 in the war, only because the claws mounts are perfect, but very simply by German standards. It also came from from the former East German area, where having RUSSIAN Military property in the hands of a German would get you a quick ticket to a work camp, if you were lucky, which rules out post war conversion to this extent. I've basically given up ever finding bases that will fit this and hold on to it, as is, only because of it's histroy.

Sooo, if your Lovec has attached claw mounts, your going to have a lot to consider.
    I'm doing this so you don't run out and buy a set of bases on ebay and become very disappointed by the results.

J strunk

Default thanks

thankyou for the info. i only have the scope, no rings or base to attach to rifle. i'm interested in original mounts so i'll probably have a hard time finding what i need. sorry i don't own a digital camera. i'll have to buy one soon. thanks again for your input.boots1