Default Yugo Tokarev Pistols

I've collected Russian, Chinese, Polish, Rumanian and Hungarian Tokarevs, and have noticed that some Yugos have come on the marked recently. I was wondering what collectors impressions of these are before I make the plunge; particularly, what are your thoughts on quality, collectibility, etc. Just looking for some impressions from owners, thanks.

I own Chinese, Romanian and Yugo Toks. The Yugo's are by far the best in my estimation.
    They have the extra round.
    They have the magazine disconnect, and the trigger pull on my two is excellent and very good, respectively.
    They have a two piece recoil spring guide rod.
    They have the captive spring loaded firing pin, similar to the 1911.
    They, as imported, also have a 1911 style safety. The safety on the rest of them has been a problem. They are pretty much worthless, if not an actual nuisance. The safety on the Yugo's is excellent. Firm and positive. The safety on my Romanian will shift to "Fire" in the holster.
    The workmanship is better than the Chinese. I consider it on a par with the Romanian.
    Last edited by Mastiff; 04-04-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Don't sell the Chinese Tokarevs so short, the REAL military ones, at least. I brought a gorgeous M20 back from Vietnam in 1973. Had it for many years before selling it off in the mid-80's, due to scarcity of ammo. What I wouldn't give to have it back again! Fit, polishing, markings and finish were TOP-NOTCH! Polish Toks are also of EXTREMELY good quality.

Quote Originally Posted by kabanchik View Post
    Don't sell the Chinese Tokarevs so short, the REAL military ones, at least. I brought a gorgeous M20 back from Vietnam in 1973. Had it for many years before selling it off in the mid-80's, due to scarcity of ammo. What I wouldn't give to have it back again! Fit, polishing, markings and finish were TOP-NOTCH! Polish Toks are also of EXTREMELY good quality.
    I was planning on getting one of the Polish Toks just being imported when I ran across the Yugo's. Now I'm debating getting another Yugo or the Polish, as I really really like these Yugo's. Do you know how they are doing the safety on these new Polish imports?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    They have the magazine disconnect
    That's a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    I was planning on getting one of the Polish Toks just being imported when I ran across the Yugo's. Now I'm debating getting another Yugo or the Polish, as I really really like these Yugo's. Do you know how they are doing the safety on these new Polish imports?
    Buy them both...thats what I did.

Do the Yugoslav Tokarev's have a positive firing pin like the rest, or is it an inertia type?
    Formerly LeeSpeed; I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth...and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary...I believe in the Holy Spirit...the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    That's a good thing?
    I consider that it means they gave a lot of thought to upgrading the design, making it more modern. It really isn't a plus or a minus otherwise to me. It is only a benefit to someone who isn't familiar with pistols, say someone I introduce to shooting with it. Then it is a benefit.

Though I've never had one, I've heard nothing but good things about the Yugo Tok's quality, durability, reliability, etc. I've held one or two and the grip is a bit more comfortable then the standard Tok grip, because of the longer mag. Besides, the crest on top of the slide is just cool.