Default MOLOT Mosin Nagants

Hello everyone.

I was browsing around the internet the other day when I came across
    the MOLOT site and found that they offer Mosin Nagant rifles as 'Multi- charge hunting rifle' KO-91/30 and KO-91/30M. The following images can be found at their website.

Note the siderail for the scopes.

What do you people think of these? Are they worth it?

The question is: are these built with original tooling, or with new metric equipment?
    Either way, they are certainly interesting. If they are being made on the original "dyuim" (inch) tooling, then these are certainly dinosaurs.

Just refurbished and cleaned old 91/30's and M44's with a really cruddy scope mount added (looks like it screws into the wood!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Cheaper and just as good to buy a milsurp 91/30 or M44. These are just mutton dressed up as lamb.

I could not imagine even TRYING to get any cheek weld with the height of those scopes above the stock axis. Just BAD BAD BAD.

I see what you mean on the "M44" Marcus - fooled me until I looked again!!!

As far as I know, this company is nearly dead.

The sooner this idiotic company goes out of business the better,this bubbaing is disgusting just like mitchells mausers:
    Quote Originally Posted by ij70 View Post
    As far as I know, this company is nearly dead.
    Last edited by Russian Spetznaz; 04-19-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Spetznaz View Post
    The sooner this idiotic company goes out of business the better,this bubbaing is disgusting just like mitchells mausers:
    IzhMash bought them out so that they stop competing with them. They made Vepr and a shotgun or two.
    Last edited by ij70; 04-19-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Vyatskie Polyany is/was the only Russian factory that produced the RPK line of weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmGrenadier View Post
    Vyatskie Polyany is/was the only Russian factory that produced the RPK line of weapons.
    Right city, wrong factory.

Quote Originally Posted by ij70 View Post
    IzhMash bought them out so that they stop competing with them. They made Vepr and a shotgun or two.
    Their AK-based shotguns have some degree of popularity with IPSC shooters down here - as do the Izmash-made Saiga shotguns also based to AK. However neither design has exactly impressed me - thanks to removable magazines they are rather fast to reload, but reliability problems seem far too common. I tested Molot shotgun one, according its owner it only worked with heavy shotgun shells, so he gave me 58-gram/900-grain shells - and the shotgun still jammed (failed to remove cartridge case from chamber).

Jarkko
    Last edited by JTV; 10-29-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo

I know "MOLOT" JSC is the Vyatskie Polyany Machine Building Plant.

We use to just call it Polyany....people still know what your talking about

My 1988 Polyany kit built RPK-74 is well crafted.

So this factory made guns for the Soviet Army and Russian Army and now this factory was taken over by Izhevsk Beuro and they made all those nice things I thought before they just bubbad Mosin Nagants like mitchells mausers and nothing more

So this factory made guns for the Soviet Army and Russian Army and now this factory was taken over by Izhevsk Beuro and they made all those nice things I thought before they just bubbad Mosin Nagants like mitchells mausers and nothing more
    Izhevsk Beuro? Cute!

IzhMash Joint Stock Company. http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/
    Last edited by ij70; 04-20-2009 at 12:13 AM.

So, it is possible that the receivers and the whole rifle are newly made. However, it is more likely that they took surplus Mosin Nagants and refinish/refurbish/modify/etc. them and pass them off as new.

I agree with Leon. They are certainly interesting.

Personally,I think the Carbine looks quite neat.Would make a good carbine for hunting.The Molot Vepr rifles are popular down here,they are quite heavy as they are built on the RPK receiver,but they are very nicely made I think,definitely a bit nicer than my saiga.

Quote Originally Posted by Obendorf98 View Post
    So, it is possible that the receivers and the whole rifle are newly made.
    No.

They made a lot of military tooling like belt loaders and tripods

• 30-mm automatic grenade launcher mount AGS-17

• 12,7-mm infantry machine-gun mount 6T7

• Multipurpose machine-gun mount 6U6 for 12,7-mm large-caliber machine-gun "Kord"

• Kalashnikov light machine-gun <--- The RPK line both 47 and 74 like mine pictured above plus the magazines that went with them both drum and box type.

• Anti-tank missile complex "Metis"

• Loading machines 6Ch29, 6Yu13, 56YuL428A

the mount is mounted to the rec ......... not screwed onto the wood.

molot makes exelent products like vepr rifles (some very well crafted..like the super pioneer with fluted barrel, and their saiga shotgun clone...wich uses rpk receiver...better built than the izhmash..
    About the mosins and sks, they rebuild them with very good finish...
    They also makes a TACTICAL mosin...with heavy barrel and a stock that looks like the accuracy int..
    It is called MC1 ..
    About scope mounts...I agree..Those in the pictures suck...But you can put another russian good mounts

Quote Originally Posted by federov View Post
    molot makes exelent products like vepr rifles (some very well crafted..like the super pioneer with fluted barrel, and their saiga shotgun clone...wich uses rpk receiver...better built than the izhmash..
    They also makes a TACTICAL mosin...with heavy barrel and a stock that looks like the accuracy int..
    It is called MC1 ..
    About scope mounts...I agree..Those in the pictures suck...But you can put another russian good mounts
    Not anymore. You need to update your news service, you are about 5 years behind.

I have a Vepr that I got from Robinson Arms 12 years ago and it is the finest AK clone I have ever shot or owned. I say clone as it is not full auto capable. Still have it, these were made by Molot. Great rifle, shame Robinson Arms dropped/lost the import rights. I wouldn't get into their political hero or why they would support him. Never the less the Vepr/Molot rifles were some of the best and I wish I could get some of them. Quality was top notch!
    "Sometimes for King, always for Country"

NRA, FOP, GCA, CMP

Quote Originally Posted by firthcpt View Post
    I have a Vepr that I got from Robinson Arms 12 years ago and it is the finest AK clone I have ever shot or owned. I say clone as it is not full auto capable. Still have it, these were made by Molot. Great rifle, shame Robinson Arms dropped/lost the import rights. I wouldn't get into their political hero or why they would support him. Never the less the Vepr/Molot rifles were some of the best and I wish I could get some of them. Quality was top notch!
    It is the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by federov View Post
    It is called MC1 ..
    I could use one of those! Though a google search didn't turn up any info...

Default new mosin from Izhmash(Molot)

Quote Originally Posted by Obendorf98 View Post
    Hello everyone.

I was browsing around the internet the other day when I came across
    the MOLOT site and found that they offer Mosin Nagant rifles as 'Multi- charge hunting rifle' KO-91/30 and KO-91/30M. The following images can be found at their website.

Note the siderail for the scopes.

What do you people think of these? Are they worth it?
    Well that old factory where Mosin's made.
    from russian website:Hunting Carbine 91/30(7.62x54R)
    10000 rubles for original brand new chromoly barrel and 16000 rubles (530$) chrome liner barrel+side rail and i think you can order dif.size barrels

that new Mosins
    10000 rubles chromoly barrel
    15000-16000 rubles chrome liner barrel and side rail

Quote Originally Posted by vaninec View Post
    that new Mosins
    10000 rubles chromoly barrel
    15000-16000 rubles chrome liner barrel and side rail
    Factory conversions.

Mitchells Mausers, I thought it was Mitchells Molested Mausers.

Interesting to hear that Molot refurbished them. I don't know of any proof I've been looking and came up empty. KO 91/30 is interesting though glad I don't have that on my Mosins. Googling Molot I came to a Calguns thread and they say they're exactly the same. Funny how mine came in cosmolene and Molots are clean. The wood looks redone and the blueing looks new too. When will someone come up with fact that these were refurbished and exactky where it was done? That KO mark is a give away. If these Molots were refurbished by them in the past few years the ones that were done 60 yeaes ago will go up in price.

Oh dear...

So, if Molot refurbished these in "the past few years," why then did a friend of mine end up with a Molot PU sniper that had rust on it?

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry View Post
    Interesting to hear that Molot refurbished them. I don't know of any proof I've been looking and came up empty. KO 91/30 is interesting though glad I don't have that on my Mosins. Googling Molot I came to a Calguns thread and they say they're exactly the same. Funny how mine came in cosmolene and Molots are clean. The wood looks redone and the blueing looks new too. When will someone come up with fact that these were refurbished and exactky where it was done? That KO mark is a give away. If these Molots were refurbished by them in the past few years the ones that were done 60 yeaes ago will go up in price.

A honest Question- do those folks actually own one? Did they compared them with other refurbs that are not molot exported?

I own both, molots are just marked differently for export due to coming for Russia rather than the Ukrainian. Which equates to much more importation loops that they have to go thew and around. Thus the hunting carbine/rifle designations. FYI The bluing is identical, the stock finish are identical, just the removal of the cosmoline and lazer engraving does not account to refurbishment by molot. Monetarily it makes zero sense.

Don't believe the lies and misinformation out there. It just doesn't make sense.

PS-

Man really diging up the old grave stones.. this thread has been dead for almost 2 years...

Welcome to the forums btw.

I have no qualms about owning a molot rifle. Dont bother me any.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK~47 View Post
    I have no qualms about owning a molot rifle. Dont bother me any.
    I agree. The wholesale price of these weapons would not justify the labor, material and dedicated machinery to do much more than to just select and clean these rifles. They probably have a large enough "stash" of these rifles to pick the ones that take very little effort to resale, and recycle the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry View Post
    Funny how mine came in cosmolene and Molots are clean.
    Question, did you take your Mosin out to shoot it or did you clean it up a bit first? If you were required to mark something on metal, would you clean it first, or just do it through the grease and hope for the best?

Russia is a member of C.I.P., and all firearms offered for sale in C.I.P. member states must be proofed. That means they are test fired.

The are sold as Hunting rifles because the have to be to comply with Russian firearms laws. If you go back and look at the K98s Century was selling back in 2012, they were processed for export by Tula, and were also packaged as "Hunting Carbine" http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...Century-sucked

Nobody knows with 100% certainty exactly what Molot does to the rifles they processes, but we can make some educated guesses. We know they get proofed because they have to be, and because they have the proof mark from Klimovsk. We assume they clean them up prior to proofing and marking. We know they inspect them and box them up for shipping, because the little book they send with the rifles says so. Beyond that, we have no idea.

Some people think they are doing full refurbs, and building sniper rifles out of parts, but that really doesn't make much sense economically. That takes time, and labor isn't free, even in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by emcon5 View Post
    Question, did you take your Mosin out to shoot it or did you clean it up a bit first? If you were required to mark something on metal, would you clean it first, or just do it through the grease and hope for the best?

Russia is a member of C.I.P., and all firearms offered for sale in C.I.P. member states must be proofed. That means they are test fired.

The are sold as Hunting rifles because the have to be to comply with Russian firearms laws. If you go back and look at the K98s Century was selling back in 2012, they were processed for export by Tula, and were also packaged as "Hunting Carbine" http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...Century-sucked

Nobody knows with 100% certainty exactly what Molot does to the rifles they processes, but we can make some educated guesses. We know they get proofed because they have to be, and because they have the proof mark from Klimovsk. We assume they clean them up prior to proofing and marking. We know they inspect them and box them up for shipping, because the little book they send with the rifles says so. Beyond that, we have no idea.

Some people think they are doing full refurbs, and building sniper rifles out of parts, but that really doesn't make much sense economically. That takes time, and labor isn't free, even in Russia.
    100% correct

I see they are no longer offering the KO 91/30 on their site.