Gunboards Forums banner

MOLOT Mosin Nagants

15K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  redeuce 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

I was browsing around the internet the other day when I came across
the MOLOT site and found that they offer Mosin Nagant rifles as 'Multi- charge hunting rifle' KO-91/30 and KO-91/30M. The following images can be found at their website.

Note the siderail for the scopes.

What do you people think of these? Are they worth it?

#19 ·
molot makes exelent products like vepr rifles (some very well crafted..like the super pioneer with fluted barrel, and their saiga shotgun clone...wich uses rpk receiver...better built than the izhmash..
About the mosins and sks, they rebuild them with very good finish...
They also makes a TACTICAL mosin...with heavy barrel and a stock that looks like the accuracy int..
It is called MC1 ..
About scope mounts...I agree..Those in the pictures suck...But you can put another russian good mounts

#21 ·
I have a Vepr that I got from Robinson Arms 12 years ago and it is the finest AK clone I have ever shot or owned. I say clone as it is not full auto capable. Still have it, these were made by Molot. Great rifle, shame Robinson Arms dropped/lost the import rights. I wouldn't get into their political hero or why they would support him. Never the less the Vepr/Molot rifles were some of the best and I wish I could get some of them. Quality was top notch!

#24 ·
new mosin from Izhmash(Molot)

Well that old factory where Mosin's made.
from russian website:Hunting Carbine 91/30(7.62x54R)
10000 rubles for original brand new chromoly barrel and 16000 rubles (530$) chrome liner barrel+side rail and i think you can order dif.size barrels

#29 ·
Interesting to hear that Molot refurbished them. I don't know of any proof I've been looking and came up empty. KO 91/30 is interesting though glad I don't have that on my Mosins. Googling Molot I came to a Calguns thread and they say they're exactly the same. Funny how mine came in cosmolene and Molots are clean. The wood looks redone and the blueing looks new too. When will someone come up with fact that these were refurbished and exactky where it was done? That KO mark is a give away. If these Molots were refurbished by them in the past few years the ones that were done 60 yeaes ago will go up in price.

#31 ·
A honest Question- do those folks actually own one? Did they compared them with other refurbs that are not molot exported?

I own both, molots are just marked differently for export due to coming for Russia rather than the Ukrainian. Which equates to much more importation loops that they have to go thew and around. Thus the hunting carbine/rifle designations. FYI The bluing is identical, the stock finish are identical, just the removal of the cosmoline and lazer engraving does not account to refurbishment by molot. Monetarily it makes zero sense.

Don't believe the lies and misinformation out there. It just doesn't make sense.

PS-

Man really diging up the old grave stones.. this thread has been dead for almost 2 years... :)

Welcome to the forums btw.

#33 ·
I agree. The wholesale price of these weapons would not justify the labor, material and dedicated machinery to do much more than to just select and clean these rifles. They probably have a large enough "stash" of these rifles to pick the ones that take very little effort to resale, and recycle the rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.