Thumbs up Rebuilt M1 import maked Exel/Gardner. Ma.?

Hi,
    I saw a M1 in what apperared to be excellent/new cond. It was import maked Exel. This M1 had a NM operating rod and was marked 7790722-RA. The new barrel was marked: SA6535448, 12 63 BU3, P-M and had a DOD eagle. The trigger was marked on the side 34 and on the front NM. Right side of sight knob marked: DRC. The action was marked D28291 35. Bolt marked D28287- 19SA. All the component parts were new of mixed manf. as one would expect on a rebuild. This M1 had a SN that put it in Oct.44 to Nov. 45. The SN falls into a group that was selected for sniper conversion, which apparently never happened as the receiver is not drilled/tapped for a scope mount. I assume all the part #s are assembly #s?
    The park finish is like new, the stock is original issue. The barrel apperars to be unfired and the chamber is really tight and would accept only new cartridges or full resized reloads.
    I thought it might be a good competition rifle as it is virtually new in terms of components. Did Exel rebuild this M1 itself, or was it done overseas? Was the origin South Korea or Taiwan? It had a new Taiwan bayonet with it, marked 60-6 and KS.
    Value of such an M1?
    Thanks,

Subvet

Thumbs up

Excel was only an importer. Don't remember where these came from but it was about 20 yrs ago. I've got 2 or 3 and they are all nice, unfortunately not as good as what you describe.
    I would guess $850 +/- for what you describe, on todays market.
    Sarge
    Calling Illegal Aliens Undocumented residents is like call Drug Dealers Unlicensed Pharmacists!
    LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF

Thank you for the info, I think it should be a fairly accurate M-1, certainly beyond my shooting capabilities! It was a consign

ed rifle at a dealers and I got it none too soon. It does have a hairline crack in the wrist, but I remember ones from my service days that had a pinned arsenal repair in thr wrist, will have to research the method.

Subvet
    Last edited by Subvet; 04-28-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: mis word

They came from South Korea. You are lucky. I have seen several that the park job covered used and worn parts that needed replacement and the acid used to clean them killed many of the op rod springs.
    Yes, you are lucky if yours indeed does have a nice bore with a unworn muzzle and sharp elevation notches.
    "It is not the number of rounds you fire or the noise that you make, it is the hits that count." Lewis B. Puller Jr., USMC