Thread: WTS- blank receiver 98k & Kar98k parts

Default WTS- blank receiver 98k & Kar98k parts

Wanting to sell the following items. Rifle must go to an 01 or 03 FFL. Payment via US Postal money order only. 3 day, no shoot inspection offered on all items, buyer pays shipping one way. Email me direct at madboy357 at yahoo dot com

Blank receiver Kar98k, assembled in the 17th military district depot from spare parts. Bolt only mismatch, rest of the rifle is original matching. Missing the rod, import marked on the front of the barrel, all original Nazi markings are fully intact. Condition is good, maybe 30% bluing left, unsanded wood in solid condition. Bore is very good, shows some wear in the throat but is bright&shiney with an excellent crown.

This is a scarce variety of 98k, assembled from spare parts from various manufacturers. According to the rear sight parts, this was assembled in 1942 or later (sight leaf is range-numbered 1 side only, and is not drilled for the crosspin). Is cut for a sight hood, but one is not present.

You won't find this type of rifle in BBOTW, so do not use that as any kind of reference for this rifle; these have been discussed at length on our 98k board, search there for details on this variant.

An interesting mix of parts, here are some:

-stock and handguard (red glue laminate) 'c' and e/18 (Gustloff)
    -receiver e/359 (Sauer via Walther)
    -triggerguard single e/37 (Sauer)
    -floorplate/follower e/1 and 'l' (Gustloff)
    -barrel 'dsh' e/76 (Czeck)
    -bands e/1 and 'l' (Gustloff)
    -ejector box e/623 (Steyr)
    -sight bed e/63 and '42' (Oberndorf)
    -sight base e/26 x2 (Borsigwalde)\

The bolt is an oddball, scrubbed bolt body and renumbered (still not matching to the rifle) with all the rest of the parts overstamped to match the bolt body. I feel this *might* be a period German reworked part, but I will leave the final determination up to the end user.

Many more images available via email, will answer any questions promptly.

$500 shipped
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blanko2.JPG   xxvi_r.JPG  

More pics of the blank receiver rifle:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010093.jpg   xxvi_z.JPG  
    Last edited by madboy357; 04-29-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Default Kar98k parts

A couple of original 98k cleaning rods...

1) Unserialed rod, 10 inch, made at Oberndorf in 1935. Marked 'k167' and 'k' (for karabiner) this rod was never serialed numbered, and as such, would be a legit replacement part for any 98k with a 10 inch rod. Almost no original finish remains. This rod has had the thread end shortened by about 1/8 of an inch, but still fits and displays perfectly. $60 shipped.

2) 10 inch rod, serial numbered 61 and WaA63 marked. Nice original rod for a 38/39/40 Oberndorf 98k. Original threads, has about 20% original finish with some micropitting under the wood. $60 shipped.

3) 12 inch rod, serial numbered 77 and marked 'i' (Diamantwerke) and e/1 (Gustloff). Original thread, has approx. 90% finish. Likely original to a 41 bcd rifle. $50 shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails k167b.JPG  

Nice original bolt body, likely original to a S/27G rifle (e/132 inspection marks with Weimar-type eagles). Has e/132 twice on bottom flat, with another on the extractor ring. Serialed 1794 (no suffix). Has nice Weimar eagle firing proof on the rear flat. Original condition, NOT RC, retains about 50% original blued finish. $40 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by madboy357 View Post
    A couple of original 98k cleaning rods...

2) 10 inch rod, serial numbered 61 and WaA63 marked. Nice original rod for a 38/39/40 Oberndorf 98k. Original threads, has about 20% original finish with some micropitting under the wood. $60 shipped.

3) 12 inch rod, serial numbered 77 and marked 'i' (Diamantwerke) and e/1 (Gustloff). Original thread, has approx. 90% finish. Likely original to a 41 bcd rifle. $50 shipped.
    I will take #2 and #3 cleaning rods at your price.
    WTB/WTT:
    late E/H marked Gustloff stock specially inletted for machine gun barrel
    unnumbered E/359 inspected armourer stock
    transitional late unnumbered type Bruenn (dot) stock which uses bandspring and has bayo mount but no hole for cleaning rod
    unnumbered Mauser Oberndorf standard stock as typically found on some byf 44 K and L block rifles
    unnumbered flat buttplate with inspection marking (i.e. I need an armourer flat buttplate)

I will take the k98 as per our PMs. Thanks