Gunboards Forums banner

Century HK93 Clones

100K views 265 replies 46 participants last post by  Big Thunder 
#1 ·
Don't know if anyone's been paying attention but Century started shipping their HK93 clones "Century C93" out to dealers in bulk last week.

Prior to that a few shops had some early models and they were popping up one or two at a time on the gun auctions or gun shows in what appeared to be a sort of "beta testing."

Reports on other forums look really good so far on the early models other than some rear stocks that are tight.

Internet gossip puts the parts sets as coming out of Malaysia or Singapore depending on the gossip source.

J&G got in 50 last week -posted them Thursday morning- and were sold out by Friday afternoon priced at $799.00. Other shops where selling at @850.00.

I took the plunge and so did another member who'll go nameless unless he volunteers. Will post a report upon receipt. Start saving your nickels if your interested. Maybe I made a mistake not waiting for a price decrease like the Century Galils or Cetmes........but I couldn't wait....not for an HK in 5.56.

See less See more
#4 ·
J, post a couple of photos when you can, and let us know how they shoot. for about a third of the price of the real mccoy, sounds like a fair deal to me.
There are already photos on the net at "other" sites. Google "Century C93" ;)

The price is what sold me.
I'd been worrying over buying an ORF version for some time but couldn't psychologically break the $1,000.00 barrier. (Which is why I built my M14 one piece at a time :rolleyes:).

$800.00 is now a good deal for just a complete (with barrel and receiver) parts set. I figured if it didn't run right that I or one of my friends could figure out how to fix it.

#8 ·
I'm going to order one tommorrow.

#9 ·
Well, now you've got to come down to Knob Creek when we take them out for their test run.

MRiddick said he'd host the event and supply all the .223 we need. What a great guy.

#10 ·
Who did you order from? CAI says they have not released them yet and they are pre sold out

#12 ·
Century has been coy about this throughout. According to others online, some Century reps were telling people they had no idea about the weapons just a few weeks ago. People saw examples for sale at shows, called Century and they denied they existed. The posters would say, "There are three on Gunbroker right now!" :confused:

Three of us had been stalking the forums for the last two months waiting to see a shipment. As MK TX posted, J&G put them up on their site last week (my friend spotted them Thursday) and by Friday afternoon J&G had removed them from their site. I think you can still see the listing if you hit "cached."

We ordered ours Friday morning - I was calling repeatedly waiting for them to open and start picking up the phone.

Gossip says J&G got in fifty of them. Gossip also says that AIM is getting a shipment soon. I'd say AIM should put you in the front of the line. ;)

#13 ·
I first spotted them on J&Gs site last Wednesday evening but was a little unsure about the quality, then figured it was worth a gamble. After ordering online from J&G I was a little curious if they actually them in stock because of a disclaimer on their web site about some items being on the site but out of stock. They confirmed that they did have them, my order was processing and would ship ASAP.

Would have rather ordered from AIM as they my usual go to place:) but I didn't want to wait another couple weeks.

#14 ·
J.Stein is a SOB, he calls me up at work, gives me 2 minutes to decide if I want one (I do) he handles all the calling, ordering and charges it to his CC (and then expects me to pay him back, the nerve). Next he talks me into buying 6 mags, 3 for him, 3 for me only to call back 3 hours later and convince me to call back and order all the rest the distributor had in stock (40rd $35). Now I'm not only broke but I'm up till midnight on a work night reading all 19 pages of one thread on HKpro about the rifles and what others have got so far (along with alot of bitching about why these aren't $400). And that doesn't even cover the other 3 websites and 7 threads I've been reading all along. After all the threads I was still jones'ing so bad for a HK93 fix I had to go to CDNN's website just to get a look at the collapsible stocks before I could sleep... On a up note I have restrained myself to calling J&G only once asking about ship dates.

It's only Wednesday.

(from another site)

#16 ·
Hehehe...... Good on you J. Stein. It's fun to be an enabler :D

...... After all the threads I was still jones'ing so bad for a HK93 fix I had to go to CDNN's website just to get a look at the collapsible stocks before I could sleep.......
From reading elsewhere it sounds like that fitting a collapsible stock is a rather iffy proposition. There are several reports that the fixed stock is rather difficult/tight to take on/off and the collapsible stocks are near impossible to get on. If you do get it on the receiver is a bit wide for the "arms" of the stock when you would try to collapse it. Dunno how reliable these reports might be but given that the stocks are ~$450 I think I will wait and see if anybody reports success.

...... only to call back 3 hours later and convince me to call back and order all the rest the distributor had in stock (40rd $35).......
Probably will be glad you did, it doesn't seem like they are exceptionally plentiful so if this rifle proves a hit the prices will probably get silly.

#19 ·
Darn it, I just realized it's 12:04 he got me again, I'm up till midnight reading about bolt gap on HK33's while he's probably in bed sleeping with a smirk on his face. AHHHHH! wait a second I just remembered that SOB is on eastern time while I'm on CST, it's 1AM where he is....OK that's it I'm calling 911 and reporting a prowler at his house, lets see him sleep so smugly when 12 of Louisville's finest roll up on his door step in 45 minutes (it does take time for them to get through the gated community).

:)

#22 · (Edited)
Its been almost 10 years but I am now having my revenge!

Muuuuhahhaaah. :mad:

MRiddick, TheKid, and Laddy all posted about getting together and going to Knob Creek on the board. I went out there and met them.

I was sitting there at my bench with my Milsurp bolt actions while those three maniacs rained brass down on me from their semi-auto's. Literally, it rained brass. They brought in their pre-loaded magazines with a friggin' dolly.

MRiddick was wearing a kimono.

They were shooting computers, a bath tub, furniture, and some poor stuffed animals. I was slowly punching paper and logging temperature and wind speed.

It was like I'd been exposed to crack.

Now for all I know my what's left of my once proud milsurp collection (sold a bunch to feed this new addiction) has rusted solid since I never play with them anymore.

#23 ·
They were shooting computers, a bath tub, furniture, and some poor stuffed animals. I was slowly punching paper and logging temperature and wind speed. .
here's a bath tub after getting the treatment from 2002 (I think it was), it was certainly my first trip to KY and KC

the HK clones sound good, althought HK ergonomics are not so great the relaibilty more than off sets that (IMHO of course)

I recall that 5.56 HKs were very much the weapon of choice for special forces and the RUC in Northern Ireland in the late 80's/early 90's

very envious regards

Richard

#24 ·
Thank you Richard
See.....I have witnesses.
What color kimono was he wearing?

Its been one week now since we ordered. I'm getting a little anxious.
J&G said they were running about two weeks back on shipping - I'm almost ready to get in my car and drive out there. :D

I agree on the HK's ergonomics.
The 91 I owned felt like holding a truck bumper or a railroad tie.
The 33/93 seems more comfortable in my hands though.

#28 ·
That place seems to have some unique relationship with Century with regard to the C93's.

It's really a gamble isn't it?

Do you wait to see if the price comes down?
When will these things finally show up at the other dealers like AIM or Centerfire?
When will J&G get any more?
How long do you wait?
Will quality start to slip when production ramps up?
What if no more show up?
What if HK sues Century for selling "clones" like they did Vector and Coharie?

This is why I gave MRiddick two minutes to make up his mind. ;)

#30 ·
if you want one, i would'nt wait for prices to come down, or any other reason. with the politics we are in, prices may never come down. also, that bathtub would make a great tomato planter.

#34 ·
J.Stein, Did you guys miss out on the Vector Arms V93? That was a REALLY sweet piece, none of the Century crap, granted a bit more pricey, but WORTH every penny!!! A quality piece throughout the build. 16" barrel, 1/9 twist, and the Vector tech that was in charge of the build I talked to, said "the rifle preferred 55gr ammo". However, mine really likes 62, 75, and 77gr ammo??? It puts down some really SWEET groups at 100, and 200yds, with any of the above grain projectiles(55, 62, 75, 77). My rifle really likes the 62gr Radway Green NATO ammo. I wish the 20, 25, and 30rnd steel mags were not so expensive. As the 40rnd aluminum mags are nice, but not very practical off of a bench when sighting the rifle in. Your mileage may vary!
Michael

This post has been deleted
#37 ·
Now you got my mouth watering. Ill have to go scratch an itch later with 200 LC .223 HK reloads I have sitting on the shelf. Well done boys, enjoy the toys.

I have one of those alum. 20 round and two HK 5 round magaznes. I will have to make up a picture of them.

Cheers
..MJ..
Sweet!!!! What grain projectiles in your reloads? I've got a steel 30rnd HK mag, and a 40rnd aluminum one, but I would prefer the 20rnd mags, either steel, or aluminum. The HK93/33 mags are just sooo pricey, unlike the HK mags I have for my G3, and Cetme??? That's one sweet rifle you have! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Michael

#38 ·
FWIW, I've got a Vector V93.

I traded a Springfield CMP SG Garand that I had $525 in for it :D

It came with a bipod, 2-40 rd mags, and a collapsible stock. I think I got a pretty good deal, as Vectors with fixed stocks and one mag are going for $1500+ these days :eek:

20/25/30 rd mags are tough to find these days. I've got 6 that I picked up for ~$50 ea, as well as 4-40rd mags that I got from Vector for $35 ea.

As you can see, the Vector has no issues with the collapsible stock...

It has been 100% reliable, a joy to shoot, and is pretty accurate, even with cheap Russian ammo.

They say these Vectors are the bee's knees as sear hosts, and one would hope the Century guns are just as good. At that price point, had I not already had the Vector, I'd have snatched one up. The V93 is fast becoming a favorite rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.