Default 9mm barrel for Romanian Tokarev

I have a Romanian Tokarev in 7.62 x25. It shoots very well. A guy at a gun show offered me a Norinco Tokarev barrel in 9x19. If I got a 9mm barrel would I need to get a new barrel bushing? Shermysan
    San Antonio, Texas, not quite heaven, but almost.

with tok 7.62x25 ammo so cheap, why would you shoot 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shermysan View Post
    I have a Romanian Tokarev in 7.62 x25. It shoots very well. A guy at a gun show offered me a Norinco Tokarev barrel in 9x19. If I got a 9mm barrel would I need to get a new barrel bushing? Shermysan
    I needed to use a Norinco Tok 9mm barrel bushing when I exchanged the barrel on my Romanian. I would think you would probably have to. I do know one guy who got a 9mm barrel for his Tok that didn't need the bushing, but his new barrel wasn't a Norinco.

Some folks here use the same 7.62x25 magazine for the 9MM luger rounds. I guess if you get them all to stay up front in the Magazine, there would not be any problem, but if the rounds move around there is always the possibility of a stove pipe problem. They are some magazine out there look like 7.62x25 mags, but have spacer placed within the back of the mag so 9MM can be used easliy. Also you can go to Numrich and get the back strap space for the Mag well area that pins in, then use the smaller 9MM round mags out there. Good luck and be safe.
    Last edited by kerriganm49; 05-13-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug111663 View Post
    this

Quote Originally Posted by harmon rabb View Post
    this
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug111663 View Post
    I like the flexibility of one pistol and two calibers. I have 2400 rounds of 7.62x25 and about half that in 9mm. If they made a .22 caliber conversion unit I'd want that too. Shermysan
    San Antonio, Texas, not quite heaven, but almost.

I like the flexibility of one pistol and two calibers. I have 2400 rounds of 7.62x25 and about half that in 9mm. If they made a .22 caliber conversion unit I'd want that too. Shermysan
    fair enough. :cool:

I have a 9mm barrel for my CZ-52 and it really doesn't matter where in the magazine i stick the rounds, they feed fine. I don't know if the TT will be the same. Sarco has 9mm bushings- i may end up getting a 9mm barrel, bushing, link, and link pin in the next few months just because i want to be able to use other calibers.

I took one of the 9mm barrels and reamed it out to chamber 9x23 Winchester, the ballistic duplicate of the .357 Magnum. That cartridge is also dimensionally equal to 9mm Largo. I heard that someone is shooting .38 Super from his 9x23 barrel, but I haven't tried that yet. Effectively, I can shoot 4 different cartridges through the one pistol. Possibly 5 if that .38 Super thing works.

i have a norinco 213 to shoot 9mm.

i do have caliber conversions for my maks and 9mm,357 sig and 22 in my glock 22 and 23 so i can identify with the multi caliber bug!

I have a Norinco 54-1 with both barrels. I like the 7.62x25 for its flat shooting out to 100 yards and price.

The 9mm barrel is a bit larger than the 7.62 so i have 2 different barrel bushings.

Quote Originally Posted by kerriganm49 View Post
    Some folks here use the same 7.62x25 magazine for the 9MM luger rounds. I guess if you get them all to stay up front in the Magazine, there would not be any problem, but if the rounds move around there is always the possibility of a stove pipe problem. Good luck and be safe.
    Easy way to use 7.62 mags for 9mm:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=100532
    Last edited by wombat12; 05-13-2009 at 11:42 PM.
    This post contains the Amish virus. Since the Amish have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system. Please delete all your files. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by iwannasee View Post
    I have a Norinco 54-1 with both barrels. I like the 7.62x25 for its flat shooting out to 100 yards and price.

The 9mm barrel is a bit larger than the 7.62 so i have 2 different barrel bushings.

dont mean to hijack thread, but do you actually shoot 100yrds? What kind of grouping do you get?
    Last edited by rcbif; 05-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.

I actually did try it. Was shooting 7.62 ammo at a paper plate and was able to hit the plate 4 out of 10 shots. Pattern ? Hey,, I was happy to actually put a mark on the plate!!! Tried that with 9mm and got only one hit out of 3 mags. I was shooting @ my father in laws range and he came by and asked me if I was hitting anything, so I walked down and brought him back the plate. I was pretty surprised to see the holes in the plate myself. He then told me that if I could do that with a pistol, I didn't need a rifle to shoot hogs! I told him that I would stick with my Mosin Nagant M44 for that job and carry the Norinco (Tok copy) for a side arm.

Was able to better @ 50 yards with both barrels. I know it wasn't a controlled test but it was a surprising outcome.

If I would have been in the blind at the right time, I would have been in place to use the Norinco for 25yard shots @ the hogs though.

Btw, the compensator makes a big difference in how the pistol handles. Very low muzzle rise, just dont shoot at dusk!!

Tok mags work fine with 9 mil, the germans converted lots of captured toks in wwII. I bought a used 9mm barrel from numrich, I believe it came from some commercial norinco variant. It would not fit in my soviet barrel bushing so I got a 9mm bushing. Barrel still doesn't work in my tok, the swinging link seems to be a little too long and the slide will not move. So Chinese parts are not quite all plug and play at least with Russian made toks

Does anyone know where I can get a 38 super barrel for my 213?

My favorite thing to do with a Tokarev is shoot 9x23mm in a bored out 9mm barrel.

The max load for 357 mag is 8 gr Power Pistol 158 gr 1.575".
    The 9x23 load I like is 16 gr Power Pistol 158 gr 1.36".

That makes a Tokarev kick so hard, it leaves a memory on the hand.