Gunboards Forums banner

BRNO Model 1 scoped and range tested

11K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  lavric 
#1 ·
Finally played hooky today and took the Mod 1 to the range. I am a complete newbe insofar as scoped rifles are concerned, so today was my very first attempt to sight-in, etc. This is a really nice little rifle. I used Warne mounts (functional, not vintage) and a cheap rimfire scope. I started with a laser bore sight and then took about 5 rounds to get the bore and scope thinking along the same lines. All these years I've been missing lots of fun...dang. The sight-in target has a trail to the center and then I went to the s-n-c target pictured below.

See less See more
#2 ·
Info on scoping Brno No.1 needed.

Hi!
I'll have Brno No.1 in about 10 days.
And I want to have scope on it. What I've heard, it's rails on Brno wider, then on American rifles.
I need info, how exactly to scope rifle. Which mount or rings I need? Where can I get them?
Any info would be helpful..
Thanks to all in advance,
Yefim.

#3 ·
Should be 16mm dovetail, not so easy to find cheap.

Chris

#6 ·
#8 ·
C&R.

you get dealers price then
gil
##############
Yes, I have C&R.
But they do not sale firearms.. What FFL to them for?
Should I call 1-800-221-9035 and ask address(where to send my C&R)?
Or how it works?
Thank You,

#9 ·
mail or fax them a c&r

they will give you a dealers discount and send you a catalouge. It will cost perhaps $35.00 for the sight rings then. Several parts and reloading companies give you dealers
discount for having a c&R liscence. grafs and sons, midway, brownells and others I am sure.
gil

#11 ·

Hi That is a bit of interesting woodwork where the magazine goes.
Does the rifle have single shot ramp fitted and what year is your rifle dated.
Also what type of ammunition did you use.
coop
Somewhere (can't find it at the moment) on the web there is an explanation of why/when some Mod 1's underwent arsenal conversion from 5 round capacity to single shot. This one obviously is one of those and has a ramp inserted where the magazine was. I will post a close-up picture this weekend of that conversion. The stock plug other than showing the lines is nicely done and another feature of the conversions was a replaced utilitarian buttplate. The ammunition for the picture above was Federal bulk, which in my experience has been reliable and consistent. -a.

#13 ·
comrade lavric

You are asking me to reveal the secret handshake that is shown to members of the "cell" only. : < )
When you get your cataloge it will include a sheet of paper that will explain the dealers price code used in it. It will list an item # and the dealer price will be listed after the item #.
You can order before the cataloge gets there, just tell them your liscence is on order.
send a c&r to Grafs and sons and midway also, as they offer dealer pricing to C&R holders.
gil

#16 ·
Scope rings

Hi In the photo showing the three brnos, the top one has a Leupold 4x12x40.
The mounts i used where 1in Medium CZ 14mm LYNK by B-Square.
On your model 1 you have to remove the rear sight to mount the scope, use a brass punch, i am not sure if the high mounts will clear the rear sight.

#17 · (Edited)
Brno#1 with compact scope.

##########################################
Is it comfortable for You to have scope that close to eye?
I could not fit same size scope on rifle. Rear sight.. Do not want remove it.
I've placed compact scope. It's .22 Mag Mini 4x28 Scope.
Scope looks on rifle not perfect, but it's only way to fit it without removing rear sight...

#18 ·
##########################################
Is it comfortable for You to have scope that close to eye?
I could not fit same size scope on rifle. Rear sight.. Do not want remove it.
I've placed compact scope. It's .22 Mag Mini 4x28 Scope.
Scope looks on rifle not perfect, but it's only way to fit it without removing rear sight...
Hello Lavric,

The scope I use is the only one I have. The eye relief is ok and not uncomfortable...of course the recoil doesn't require much. ;-)

If I can find an old rimfire straight tube scope (that won't interfere with rear sight) I will definitely replace the current scope. Your shortie looks nice on your rifle.

-a.

#19 ·
Brno#1 with scope.

Today. Could be better...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.