Default Maadi ak47 price check

A local dealer is asking $495 for a MAADI AK-47 with thumbhole stock. No bayonet lug and thus no bayonet. Nice condition. Years ago, Peter Kokalis wrote that the Egyptians built these rifles on Russian tooling and they were the best clone of a Russian AK-47. I would appreciate if people would weigh in on this opinion regarding MAADI quality and the price, which seems cheap to me. Thanks.

Well the Maadi is a very nice weapon for sure!..but there where a number of different models---from full-blown AK47 to the misr fully bobbed' AK47 with a single stack 10 round magazine.

If it's a 30 round (double stack magazine) in good shape I would say the $500 mark is pretty darn fair....I have seen some go close to $650 on a regular basis...The quality as far as I am concern is pretty darn nice--normally the finish has a little left to be desired, but the gun itself is first rate.

Here is a really good site for you to figure out which model you have--obviously the Steyr labeled guns are considered a premium gun bringing $650-$700 plus!

http://home.comcast.net/~jfreeman16/page_4.htm

I stole mine for $250, MISR-10 configuration...I added the parts count and opened it up for a double stack magazine...Total invested $360.00 ready to go...Actually I like the Maadi thumb hole stock better then my straight stock guns for sure--it fit's really nicely.

I'll post a couple of pictures...

BAF
    Never argue with an idiot.
    First they bring you down to their level......
    and then beat you with experience.

Artificial Intelligence
    is no match for.........
    NATURAL STUPIDITY !!!
    Looking for the following stolen firearms, reward up to $500.00 PER GUN!
    Finn M28/30 serial number 38804
    Finn M28/30 serial number 55435
    Yugo M48 serial number K17859
    Winchester model 90 pump .22lr serial number 745302

Buy it, regardless of the variation. There are some models that are better and worth more than others, but you don't see Maadis under $500 anymore for that type of quality.

Charlie-thanks alot for the info. I think this might be MISR. I will recheck. Thus probably no great deal. Your rifle looks great. How accurate is it?

How does one open up a ten rounder to accept standard 30 round magazines?

UP and DOWN;

Does the $500 price go for the MISR 10 rounders to? Does opening a MISR-10 to 30 rounder hurt its value?

misr value is only about 350, opening it up probably increased value a little, they are the least desireable of the maadi's.
    " Dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machinegun"... Bo Diddley

Quote Originally Posted by viking52 View Post
    UP and DOWN;

Does the $500 price go for the MISR 10 rounders to? Does opening a MISR-10 to 30 rounder hurt its value?

actually opening it up helps the value currently in these times---maybe in 10-15 years someone may see it as a modification and devalue the weapon--but I doubt it...

$495.00 for a misr-10 is kinda retail ++ a little--but it's still hard to find any ak47 for under $500 today.

It's really simple to open the mag well up for 30 rounders, took me 10 minutes with a die-grinder.

You know my MISR-10 above that I have $360 into total I would not sell it for $650 for nothing---basically it took me $110.00 for all the parts plus the tap for the muzzle and about 60 minutes of work. Now I feel I have a high quality AK47 that shoots very nicely.

BAF

Artificial Intelligence
    is no match for.........
    NATURAL STUPIDITY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by falm16 View Post
    misr value is only about 350, opening it up probably increased value a little, they are the least desireable of the maadi's.
    Auctions do not support your estimate of $350, maybe local sales but not national sales...the last one that sold was a double stack misr-10 for $450.00...

So a nice Maadi MISR-10 for $495.00 is like I said a little on the plus side of retail but very reasonable.

Heck when a basic "G" parts kit is almost reaching the $400 mark, a complete MISR for $495 is a good buy in my mind for sure.

I would also entertain any offers to buy MISR-10's for $350!...please forward the information to me--I'll buy them! Not trying to beat anyone up on there opinion, but I'll buy what your seeing for $350==there just not out there in todays world.

BAF

Artificial Intelligence
    is no match for.........
    NATURAL STUPIDITY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by viking52 View Post
    A local dealer is asking $495 for a MAADI AK-47 with thumbhole stock. No bayonet lug and thus no bayonet. Nice condition. Years ago, Peter Kokalis wrote that the Egyptians built these rifles on Russian tooling and they were the best clone of a Russian AK-47. I would appreciate if people would weigh in on this opinion regarding MAADI quality and the price, which seems cheap to me. Thanks.
    Its a good clone of a Russian AKM not the AK47, also in current state its not a good clone. For many reasons, just a few being the stock,handguards,lug and other things.

As far as Maadis they are a hit and miss depending on type or when they were made.
    I would ask for 450, your not going to really get screwed over any way and you might come out on top of the deal.

Check for cant,rust and bore condition.
    Last edited by ncreptile; 05-16-2009 at 11:25 PM.
    Quit Stalin, buy a mosin!
    www.themosincrate.com

MAADI was a MISR-10 that appeared neatly-opened for 30 round mag. Price was actually $465 and it did not sell in two days. Now I wished I had tried in a few magazines and offered $400. I did have a late second day sale and decided to take the money home. Local Detroit show-long guns of all types including SKS, AK and black rifles were not selling very well. Small concealed carry handguns are super hot right now.

Ak's are going down in price fast