Thread: PW Arms Redmond Wa 9x18m BULG

Default PW Arms Redmond Wa 9x18m BULG

I have this stamped on my Mak on the r/s between the slide and grip. On the l/h side there is the circle 10. What can you tell me about this Mak?
    I ran a search here, and googled as well with no luck what-so-ever.
    Thanks

I thought Century Arms was the only importer but, that's probably incorrect.
    Last edited by Tackman; 05-24-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Default Importers

There are several importers and some of them use small import marks. PW Arms (Redmond, Washington) and Cole Distributing (Scottsville, Kentucky) are two that don't desecrate your slide with a disgusting advertising billboard; they're the ones I look for.

"Bulg" is the mandatory country of origin mark (Bulgaria). The circle 10 proves it really is from Bulgaria. PW Arms imported a few Russian Maks (probably from Bulgaria) and marked them "Bulg" as well, which only means they came in from Bulgaria, regardless of where they were made.

You'll find the best information at www.makarov.com.
    Last edited by Porter Rockwell; 05-24-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Default circle 10

Bulgarian circle 10! Fantastic Guns.

I have one of these PW Arms imports as well...by using the serial number code, I found out mine was a Bulgy military one made in 1978. I guess it was never issued, because when I got it back in 2000 or so, it was $160 before tax and brand new. Best money I ever spent (and my first handgun!).

Cool More Circle 10's to look at Tackman

Welcome to the Forum Tackman! Is yours in good shape? Most that come from there seem to be in great shape. Like Porter said, visit makarovdotcom with your serial # and find out what year it was manufactured. The Circle 10 denotes a military firearm, Bulgaria also has a commercial model from the Arsenal plant. Some aren't good but here are a few pics from a couple "Bulgie's" I enjoy myself plus a Circle 10 Bulgarian holster.
    (Click on pic to enlarge)

Attachment 189620 Attachment 189621

Attachment 189622 Attachment 189623

Attachment 189624 Attachment 189625

Attachment 189626 Attachment 189627
    Last edited by Timbo; 08-09-2009 at 02:07 PM.

circle 10 and east german. I have 2 and 1 respectively. honestly, unless I got a killer deal on a russian military, those are the only two maks I am interested in at this point.

Welcome to the board. There is a great source of knowledge here about MAK's. I have a cirlce 10 and an east german. The Bulgy (circle 10) is my carry piece and the East German is my classic Corvette. I only take it out to clean it. They are both very good guns. Enjoy your new gun.

I bought this Mak. from GunBroker about 4 years ago. It came with the cleaning tool, 2 different grips, and 2 mags (one was the original). It has yet to be fired. My plan was to get a 1st or 2nd issue Colt Detective Special and have the 2 mounted. I finally bought the Colt last month and thought to heck with it, I'm getting too old (retired almost 10 years) for mounting now so I figured lets light em up. Besides, my kids are eyeballing them!
    Last edited by gfisher; 05-27-2009 at 02:26 PM.