Default Polish TT-33 Firing pin removal?

Hello all,
    How do I remove the firing pin and spring from a Polish TT-33 slide assembly. The cross pin has a slot but isn't like the one at the trigger. Thank you.
    Last edited by ProGun1; 05-27-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Last edited by ij70; 05-27-2009 at 03:37 AM.

Thank you.

Default Yikes !!

"Knock it out" ??? The kid in the video is a dope. It's a split pin and if you just knock it out you'll certainly damage the shoulders on the pin or the slide.

The two sides of the pin need to be squeezed together before the pin is pushed out. Once you get it out, it's easy to see why.

You can make a special punch for removing split pins by using a triangular file to make a deep "V" into the end of a suitably-sized nail. You apply it to the pin in such a way that the "V" will pull the sides of the pin together as it pushes the pin out.

The same thing applies to the magazine release (near the trigger), only you need a larger "V" punch.

Take care!! These great guns are historical items and will only get more valuable and interesting as time goes by, as long as they aren't broken by dummies making videos.

There was some discussion a while back on this.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=72133
    Last edited by curly1; 05-27-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

It worked as shown in the video for me. I know that there is another tapered split pin aft of the trigger but this pin isn't tapered so you can grab it and squeeze it. Anyway, I didn't screw it up and I didn't drive it all the way out either. Just far enough to free the firing pin and spring and then back in again. It didn't snap into place once driven back either though so I assume the pin is solid and the slot may have been cut into it to facilitate a pin punch with that design in order to center it.
    Last edited by ProGun1; 05-27-2009 at 09:53 PM.

I had no problem driving out the split pin on my Romanian Tok, but I am sure glad I did...It was filthy in there.