Thread: 1942 mauser id?

Default 1942 mauser id?

Hey guys , I have had this mauser for a while now , I am wondering if anyone could help me id it , I have looked over the pictures of markings and mine seems to be a mix of a couple , Can you help out? I have had this one a while and was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of what mine is worth in todays market? i really appreciate any help i can get =) All numbers match except the bolt =(

Turk Mod 1938

You have a Turk model 1938, caliber is 7,92 mm same as German Rifles.

"T.C." means Turkish Republic, "K. Kale" is the name of the Arsenal, "Kirkale" If I remember correctly...."ASFA Ankara" is the name and location of the Arsenal..
    I think they are worth about $100.00 these days, several years ago SOG was selling them for about $50.00 with no bayonet or sling....since they sold out, the price has gone up a little..

Dale
    Last edited by vonmazur; 06-17-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: add
    "If those sweethearts won't face German bullets, Then they'll face French ones!"

It's a 1942 Turkish K.Kale Mauser long rifle. The K.Kale's are domestic Turkish produced. Yours looks to be a very condition with the original Turkish walnut stock. The caliber is standard 8mm (7.92x57). Non-matching bolts are very common on Turkish Mausers. Value in today's market with the bayonet and scabbard I'd venture to guess $150 to $190. The sling is of course not Turkish. If the barrel condition happens to be excellent you might be able to get a little more for it if the right buyer is found.
    Paul

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Thanks Guys , I also have a bandoler full of ammo , , The ammo is on stripper clips and instead of the bullet being brass colored its actually silver and will stick to a magnet. Any idea what kind of ammo it is?

Where we put slaw and chili on hamburgers and hotdogs

Nice Turk, Model 38, around $150. I've noticed cracks in the stock behind the recoil lug on two of mine. Dont know how common this is, you may wanna check. I'm curious if your is.
    Steamer

The ammo sounds like Turkish as well. Most of their 8mm was loaded with curo-nickel (I believe that's the correct term) projectiles and came on stripper clips in cloth bandoleers. The head stamps are the sure method of identifying them.
    Paul

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Headstamp is dated 1942 so it matches the gun =) Also T weird moon and star C , 7.9 , FS
    Any idea if this ammo is still good and should i save it and buy new ammo or shoot it?

take care
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenflage View Post
    The ammo sounds like Turkish as well. Most of their 8mm was loaded with curo-nickel (I believe that's the correct term) projectiles and came on stripper clips in cloth bandoleers. The head stamps are the sure method of identifying them.

Steamer , Just checked mine and i did not see any cracks behind the recoil lug or anywhere else in my stock

take care
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by steamer View Post
    Nice Turk, Model 38, around $150. I've noticed cracks in the stock behind the recoil lug on two of mine. Dont know how common this is, you may wanna check. I'm curious if your is.
    Steamer

The ammo should be fine as long as its been stored OK. I've never had any issues with Turk 8mm in bolt action rifles.
    Paul

George Bernard Shaw