Canadian sniper?

Thread: Canadian sniper?

Default Canadian sniper?

No4 Mk1 config. Has a scope which looks to be a older model Weaver with single post reticle. Has wooden cheekpiece like a No4 Mk1 (T). Owner says it is a Canadian sniper. Any info/comments appreciated.

Default info

Can you provide more information and pictures? Very hard to discuss with this little amount of information. Yes, they did make both Long Branch and Savage rifles into snipers. Yes, they did use a variety of scopes; That was the choke point on (sniper) production in North America.

Default Canadian sniper

Scope may be a Lyman Alaskan - officially designated the No.32 TP but not marked like that on the scope. Should have a 3 digit serial number on the side of the elevation housing and possibly a broad arrow pointing upwards. See pic. These are rare - 350 only made.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No32TPcaps.JPG  

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Actually the Canadian contract No. 32 T.P. Mk. I scopes (Lyman Alaskans with post and cross-hair) have a 5-digit serial number. My spare one was 4407S and I still have a matching one on its rifle. Many have a British issue mark ( /|\ ) even though they were Canadian issue in which case one would expect to see a C/|\ (with arrow inside the C.)