Question WWII German 9mm ammo - value???

The find....

I finally got through all the boxes and this is what I ended up with:

1) 21+ boxes of dnf steel case ammo (most or all of it from 1944) with the PPO8Se sintered iron bullets, extruded orange yellow propellant

2) 5+ boxes of ak brass case ammo with silver colored steel bullets, greenish gray Czech flake propellant.

3) 1 box of emp steel case ammo with copper colored bullets

4) 1 dnh round with prominent red case mouth and primer sealant, copper colored bullet
    5) 1 DWM round with brass case and copper colored bullet

6) 2 P120 rounds with copper washed (brass?) cases and copper colored bullets

7) 2 dou rounds with brass cases and unusual looking shiny black bullets that look a little like modern moly coated bullets

8) 1 asb round with a steel case and steel bullet
    9) 1 faa round with a steel case and copper colored bullet

So... what type of bullet do the dou (number 7) rounds have?

The blackened bullet is simply a steel core ball load, PP-08 "m.E." (mit Eisenkern/with iron core) If I recall correctly, this was done to distinguish the new steel core loads from the earlier lead core loads, but was later dropped.

The cartridge with the colored primer and case mouth is interesting. Might be a post-war Yugo re-work, or something more interesting. Best to ask this on the IAA forum...

As to value, hard to say. Lots of this ammo is around and it takes a pristine box or really unique load to command more than shooter prices for most of this ammo. Being corrosive primed and old might actually lower the price...
    The "SE" rounds are very cool from a historic pont of view, but most folks won't want to run them through a nice pistol...

D.D.

Devil Dog - thanks for the information!

The purple seals on the "dnh" round mean that it is a wartime "Tropic" loading, similar to waterproofing. Not an uncommon round.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!