Default K-Var Mas 49/56 Scope Mount

Fellows,

I was talking to K-Var on the phone yesterday about how I have been waiting for a scope mount they use to have for the Mas 49/56 and getting a bunch of run around and lies about when they would be in. Yesterday I got the real story. Sorry to say there will be no more. They said there wasn't enough demand for them. I told them to drop in on our forum and then tell me there was no demand.

I can only recommend the scope mount by S&K out of Pennsylvania now. The B-Square, from what I've been told by users, it's so great.

Joe

Red face

I purchased the K-Var mount a few years ago. It is well made and fits securely. At the time I purchased a cheap scope. Unfortunately I don't get any time to get to the range. Haven't fired this rifle in a few years. I do want to purchase a good quality scope to set this rig up properly. Any suggestions on a scope would be appreciated. Jim

The disadvantage of the K-Var mount is that it position the scope way too high.
    The orignal APX mount can be used with all kind of 1" scopes, it is also possible to use 30mm scope but the recoil lug has to be ground off from the mount.

An original APX mount fitted with a Swarovski ZFM 6x42

kelt

I think K-VAR are being squeezed by the economy. I wanted some US made semi auto mag parts (AK or FAL, I cannot recall) and they said there was no demand for them. With 922(r) and the ATF under Eric Holder, I found that comment surprising.

If somebody knows of a no-drill scope mount for a MAS 36, I would be very interested.
    Damn the expense, use your turn signals today... and as a special favour, try doing it before you have two wheels in the next lane.

Default Hensoldt FERO K-VAR set-up

Here is my Hensoldt FERO K-VAR set-up.......almost hate to show this....if no more Stanag K-VAR MAS Scope Mounts are being made.

Jim.....if your K-VAR mount has the two Stanag holes in the rail......a Hensoldt will fit.

Plus the scope has a illuminated reticule Option. [I have an extra Hensoldt scope if anyone is interested....email me directly......my email is in my "Signature"
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Kelt.......there are no L806 mounts over here......most all have the scope....either way Uncommon here in the USA.

Are L806 Mounts only..... available in France ?

btw Kelt....I see quite a few of the First Version L806 Scope Mounts on the French Auction sites....... any guess as to where all these old L806 scopes came from?

Buddy

Where are these OLD L806 Scopes coming from ??

The early scope mount may have come from the Navy armory. They are graet as collector items but not so great for actual shooting, the scope being located too far aft for a natural head position.
    A few of these have shown up here still with the original anti rust storage varnish on the steel parts.

kelt

I talked to K-Var about two weeks ago. After many false statements about the scope mount coming they finally said there won't be anymore. They quit importing them. So other then an original it's looks like the S&K mount is the better of the worse out there. B-Square isn't any good. Though I'd let you know.

Joe

Default Check out the McCann Industries mount

McCann Industries is a military/defense manufacturer that supplies a MAS mount for less than $100.

Check it out at their site (www.mccannindustries.com)

That looks really nice - I wonder how they hold up -

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdb View Post
    McCann Industries is a military/defense manufacturer that supplies a MAS mount for less than $100.

Check it out at their site (www.mccannindustries.com)

This is the first hearing of this company? Anyone have any experiance with Mccann Industries?

I have one, very solid and locks up tight. I haven't shoot it enough to know if it returns to zero. It is very high, maybe 1/4 inch higher than some of the others, but it does mount the scope on the mid line of the bore, so some good, some bad there. Sadly, Richard McCann passed away 6 or 7 months ago. He was one of those crusty folks that "did not suffer fools kindly," and woe to you if he deemed you a fool! As I understand, his shop is now being run by his staff.

I went with a different NcStar for my K-Var mount. I used the package intended for the AR15 carry handle and modified it. The rail was reversed as mentioned above. The lace on cheek was a gun show find.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAS1.jpg  
    This post contains the Amish virus. Since the Amish have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system. Please delete all your files. Thank you

I haven't been to this forum in quite a while. I bought one of the L806 mounts and scopes many years ago. I did not realize they had become uncommon. They were pretty cheap back when I got mine. I don't really know anything about the scope. Can anyone tell me about the glass? I know its not all that great of a scope by today's standards...but then again, the MAS 49/56 isn't really all that great of a rifle either

Inkognito: You will get a fight over that...I will let the other experts pile on...

Dale
    "If those sweethearts won't face German bullets, Then they'll face French ones!"

If it's bad and you're not happy - I'll be more than happy to take them off your hand -

Quote Originally Posted by Inkognito View Post
    I haven't been to this forum in quite a while. I bought one of the L806 mounts and scopes many years ago. I did not realize they had become uncommon. They were pretty cheap back when I got mine. I don't really know anything about the scope. Can anyone tell me about the glass? I know its not all that great of a scope by today's standards...but then again, the MAS 49/56 isn't really all that great of a rifle either

I will let people comment but it must be kept CIVIL, to the point of comment following the rules for the board and this forum or else it will get locked.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...d-French-Forum
    Thanks
    Patrick
    Vive La République Française, le Lebel et le poilu
    Verdun 1916: "Ils ne Passeront pas" "On les aura!"
    Fusil d'Infanterie Modèle 1886 Modifié 1893 dit "Lebel"

Co-Author of Banzai Special Project No. 1 Revised Edition
    The Siamese Mauser
    A Study Of Siamese / Thai Type 45 & Type 46 Long Rifles and Type 47 Carbines, Including An Overview Of Siamese/Thai Weapons 1860–2014

The "" after his comment makes me think he is just making a joke. Like many of us he may have heard all the comments about French rifles only to find out the truth once he got his own. I don't think this is likely to turn into one of those threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1886lebel View Post
    I will let people comment but it must be kept CIVIL, to the point of comment following the rules for the board and this forum or else it will get locked.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...d-French-Forum
    Thanks
    Patrick