Thread: WTS - FN-49/FN M1949 - Argentine Contract

Default WTS - FN-49/FN M1949 - Argentine Contract

For Sale – Argentine Contract FN M1949 (FN-49) rifle as modified in Argentina to chamber the 7.62x51 NATO cartridge and to use a 20-round detachable magazine.

Includes one (1) ten-round magazine (hey, I just moved out of California – 10 rounds is all we could have). Twenty-round magazines are available from Armamentos, Inc., PO Box 16652, West Palm Beach, FL 33416 - send an email to [email protected] for latest pricing and payment options.

I have only fired 160 rounds out of this rifle since I purchased it in 2003. 140 rounds were fired with low velocity handloads and the gas turned off. I fired 20 rounds of full-velocity handloads this week to set the gas and to check semi-automatic functioning. The rifle feeds, fires, and ejects from the included 10-round magazine.

A previous owner refinished the rifle stock. There are no significant dings in the wood. The metal is about as good as you can get on an Argentine (all of which were refinished to varying degrees while in Argentina).

Disclosures:

Like many Argentine contract rifles, quite a bit of windage is necessary to zero the rifle (see the photo of the rear sight). You can tell that either the previous owner, or perhaps an armorer in Argentina) drifted the front sight to the left to correct. More left front sight would be necessary to center the rear sight.

Like all Argentines, this rifle has a welded muzzle cap that was necessary to make it eligible for import.

The rifle shot fine with the low velocity loads using 150gr. Remington SP bullets. When firing full-velocity 147gr FMJ handloads, I’m seeing some bullet tipping on the target at 50 yards (see photos of targets). This could stabilize by 100 yards but I wasn’t on a 100 yard range to check it out. The bore and muzzle look pretty good (see photos).

Having said all of the above, rifle is being sold as a collector item. There were only 5,536 rifles in the Argentine production contract with only 1,800 to 2,000 of those having been imported to the U.S. so this contract is relatively rare. As with all used firearms, one should examine the rifle or have a gunsmith inspect it to assure that it is safe prior to firing (all the usual precautions and warnings apply…).

Price & Transfer requirement:

Price is $870 – exactly what I paid for it in 2003. Add $20 for shipping - total is $890. Certified check or U.S. Postal Money Order. Compare this price to the $750 SOG is asking for their remaining “parts guns” (see scan of their ad).

Need a 01 or 03 FFL and purchase must be legal in your state/locality.

Post/PM any questions you might have.

Goose
    Read a good book lately?
    www.fn49.com

I'll take it. PM sent.

2nd in line

-Dave

Rifle goes to Joe, pending funds. Dave is backup.

Thanks guys,

Goose
    Read a good book lately?
    www.fn49.com