Default Schultz and Larsen model 70

Tell me about these rifles. They look like a very good deal for what you get. how do they stack up in grouping and in the rare chance of breakage what about spare parts? By the way AIM surplus has some for 279.95 that are used. I have recently become very interested in .22 target and trainer rifles and am tempted to jump on one these. However the knowledge that the CMP keeps dropping hints they are going to have some more limited numbers of .22 target rifles in the future and the lack of info mainly keeps me from jumping on one of these? Are these the great value I think or do I need to wait on other things?

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...6amp%3B+larsen

Here's a thread about the one I bought...there are many more posts. Mine is a good shooter; well worth the money.

Default I like mine...

I like mine.. It's from Allan's Armory.
    Some pictures are here:
    http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/5...bUCTsQ?start=0
    Some info under pictures.
    Rifle is excellent..! Looks good, shots good, feels very good in hands!
    Ural http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/572019947jZZuHK looks not that good. Heavier then S&L.... But Ural more accurate.
    Last edited by lavric; 08-27-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    1."Кто не с нами,-тот против нас.
    Если враг не сдается,- его уничтожают"- Максим Горький.
    2."..Мы будем преследовать террористов везде. В аэропорту в аэропорту. Значит, Вы уж меня извините, в туалете поймаем, мы и в сортире их замочим, в конце концов. Всё, вопрос закрыт окончательно."- В. Путин.
    3."The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    - Thomas Jefferson.

Last edited by lindvig; 08-10-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Default M 70Bolt Disassembly

Mine arrived from AIM in EXCELLENT condition yesterday. I figured out how to get the bolt OUT, but how do you dis-assemble the bolt for a good cleaning? Mine has a "toothpaste" material on and in the bolt area.

Thanks!!! I cannot wait to see how it shoots this weekend.

These look great. I just wish I could afford one. Being a broke educator is getting in the way of my collecting.

I am in the same club and debated it all last week and the weekend and finally talked myself into it and ordered Tuesday morning during the so called planning period. Then after I did it I got this real guilt trip thinking I should have ordered another m39 if I was going to order anything at all. The ONLY thing I miss from the commercial printing sector is the money. Not allowing for any increases due to more education, NBC or legislative action I will have to be in my 25th year before I make as much money as the last year in the Mag/Cat printing world. Of course now having Summers off with all the critical holidays usually for a week that people used to fight over in the commercial world is a great fringe benefit as well. You can plan to do things with a great amount of certainty and not worry about spending Christmas eve and day in big loud buildings on double time and a half. Ooops sorry about the ramble!

Millerr; have you got your bolt dis-assembled?

There are two different types.

Does it look like the picture below?

To catsngun: In Denmark it is quit easy to get spare parts.

Lindvig
    Last edited by lindvig; 08-23-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Well I finally got the chance to pick up the m70 and wow I am impressed. I forgot to ask for a hand select and was expecting a somewhat beaten and worn rifle. The thing is borderline if not NRA excellent and I think all the major parts are serial number matched down to the metal "rack tag" on the front of the stock. The action is clean with no grease or oil and honestly doesn't show that much real use at least on the outside. It certainly turned heads when they laid it out on the counter when I did the BGC. If the rifle remotely groups as well as it looks it is certainly well worth the money. 30% chance of rain so no hay work this weekend and maybe some range time.

Default Sweet Rifle

AIM Surplus, handpicked. The trigger is so sweet, you could serve it with coffee.

The target is only the third 5-round string I've shot from this rifle. Snatched shot #4 when the two-minute warning startled me .

Shot seated, front bag rest, free recoil, 50 yards, fair, humid, 82 degrees with ELEY ammo.

It was $345 shipped and transferred. The trigger rivals the Kimber 82, and the accuracy rivals the Winchester 52 and it was cheaper than both.