Gunboards Forums banner

Detailed description FIE Pre 88 TZ-75 w/pics

20K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hammy22166 
#1 ·
Hi Y'all
Just recived my FIE TZ-75 pre 88 9mm.
Here's a detailed description (see below) of my on hands inspection and after cleaning :eek: man it was cruddy from the previous owner and the gun shop, they pretty much left it as is :( so sad.
But shes got a nice cleaning now. she'll need a lil TLC and bluing and I've had to repaint the front sight stripe after scrubbing and cleaning the front sight slots paint flaked out as well as the safe white dot in the frame I did'nt mess with the red dot to much did'nt have any touch up paint for that., used NG GM Pure White touch up pen/brush bottle.
hope you like the pic's I know I was proud to take them of my new family member lol.

I have a TZ-75 with a dogleg slide release and slide mounted safety.
No barrel bushing, 9 ridge lined squared off trigger guard, spur hammer.
Ser# H130xx.
Information on the left slide:
"READ WARNINGS BEFORE USING GUN" top line
"MANUAL FREE FROM F.I.E. MIAMI-FLA." bottom line on slide.
Frame information:
"MOD. TZ 75 - MADE IN ITALY" top line.
"CAL. 9mm. PARABELLUM" second line.
"ARMI FRATELLI TANFOGLIO SPA" bottom line forward of the slide release.
Right side of the frame and slide serial number on the flats and the lower angle of the frame where it meets the front of the trigger guard are three makers marks.
1st closest to the trigger is a:
Coat of arms type mark looks like crossed rifles on a shield with a circle above the shield between the crossed rifle tips.
2nd in the middle is a:
PSF under a circle.
3rd is a:
Square with “AS” inside.
No marks or numbers of any kind on the magazine.
Barrel marked in the ejection port area with:
Serial number under two makers marks.
1st toward the hammer is the:
Crossed rifle on the shield with a star in a circle above it.
2nd towards the barrels end is:
PSF with a star in a circle.
Thanks y'all for any assistance.
Yours in service
James Acerra

I'm also looking for a Owners manual.

See less See more
#3 ·
FIE TZ 75 report

Thanks Los
Yes she's one of the many CZ clones, but she's a heafty beast all steel and thick love handles lol. I have big hands so no problem.
I'll probably replace her origanal woodwork with checkerd rubbers
(never go out without your rubbers) and that should trim her down a bit as well as give her a tad more grippage.
But thats what we do with the other woman we spend and spend on them.
So far my wife is ok with her but you have to be careful not to spend more on your new girl than the first girl lol.
thanks for the post Los.
Yours in service
James Acerra

#4 ·
Picked up a TZ-75 this weekend, when I left the show I failed to retrieve it from a dealer pal's table where I had stashed it, so don't have it in front of me but I think it too was an FIE import.

Doesn't look as nice as yours, unfortunately. Also, it is missing the front sight. Numrich doesn't list anything for Tanfoglio, a pal suggested the full size Witness parts listing under EAA, but no front sight there, just rear and the complete slide. Numrich does show some rubber grips, if indeed the Witness is the same thing as the TZ-75.

I'd appreciate any clues as to where I might locate a front sight.

How does yours shoot? Did you get it restocked with rubbers yet?

TIA,
SlimTim

#5 ·
First shoot

Hi Y’all
This is my B-27 target from my first test shoot with my pre-88 TZ-75.
My skill was not up to the pistol been too long since I’ve fired a pistol.
This is 20 rds of Win. 9mm 124 grn NATO ammo.
She handled the hot ammo easily with no stoppages or failure to come into battery.
I’ve got just the one magazine so I didn’t have any changeover drill and made for a nice slow test.
One 5 rnd string one 10 rnd fast string and one 5 rnd 25 yard slow string.
Enjoyed the pistol hated the crappy shooting time and practice will match us up better.
Here’s the target.
Yours in service
James Acerra

- great quote paraphrased from "Major Payne" -
He may not be dead but he ain't happy

I'll be making my own 115 grn 9mm ammo wih my LoadMaster from new components HB for practice and XTP/HP fo home defence.
I'll submit a target from those as well.
Later all.

#6 ·
My TZ75

I just inherited this gun and know nothing about it really, and my grandfather who owned the gun died a few years ok. If anyone can help me with some info on it, or where I can get info, I'd appreciate it.

MOD TZ75 - Series 88
Made in Italy
ARMI FRATELLI TANFOGLIO SPA

Cal. 9mm PARA

shoots like brand new, don't think its been shot much before I got it, and I'm dead accurate with it. Took my CWP class with it, and almost shot perfect. Any help would be appreciated, I want to changed the spring in it but don't know how to dismantle etc. Thanks again

#7 ·
Series 88 TZ-75

Howdy Coop
Yes thats the Series 88 TZ-75 and you can get a manual online or you can buy one off e-bay.
I posted my series 88 manual under "T" http://www.stevespages.com/page7b.htm
Hope this helpes.
Make sure to remove the magazine,
Insure the weapon is unloaded,
Cock the hammer all the way back.
For a basic takedown look on the left side rear of the slides bottom edge and frame you'll see a small line near the rear top edge of the frame. Line the slides line up with the frames line then push the slide release pin on the right side of the frame till it clicks the slide the slide realease out and dismount the slide from the frame with a gentle push foward of the slide the parts are simple.
Slide, frame, barrel, recoil rod and spring, and slide release.
thats about as far as you want to tear down or "field strip" the pistol.
Yours in service
James Acerra

Gun Control is HITTING your TARGET

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.