Gunboards Forums banner

Schultz & Larsen Model 65 7x61 Sharpe & Hart

11K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  30 Newton 
#1 ·
This is an early production Model 65 chambered in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart. Note that this is a Model 65, not as common as the later Model 65DL. If I may say so, this rifle is just gorgeous.:D

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi Ted,

Go up to the sticky for Husqvarna mounts and rings - I've got S&L listed in there too :D One advantage of the S&L receivers is that all the models, 54J, 60, 65, and 68 use the same base numbers, so it makes it easy to switch scopes around.

#7 ·
Hi Harry,

S&L really didn't get into logos until the 1970s. The one I use was created in the 1980s and so wasn't seen in the USA. It is a collage of two logos, the bullseye logo being created in 1989 to commemorate the centennial of the family business. The stick man shooter logo dates to a few years before. I may be mistaken, but when the family sold the machinery and company in 1994 it retained all rights to the existing S&L logo, so the new S&L company doesn't use them.

#8 ·
Hello Kriggevaer,

And thanks for the welcome to the S&L group. You mention in replying to Harry, "when the family sold teh machinery and business" in 1994. Presumedly you are refering to Neils Larsen or had he passed on? If not is he still with us now? As far as the "logo" (man, I hate that Madison Ave. term, its an "emblem"!!!) is concerned I wondered about what you used in your posts as well. Have you considered making it into a bumber sticker? I'm probably good for about half a dozen if you do. Or I have someone that could make some if you are interested.

As far as scope moutns are concerned it is really hard to beat a good old Kuharsky Bros. mount for a great Bausch & Lomb scope. I'm using a B&L 4X from the late 1950's with a Lee Dot reticule on the Model 60 in 7 x 61 Sharpe & Hart and a 2.5 - 8X from the 1960's with the tapered crosshairs on the Model 68DL in 358 Norma Mag.
Picked up a new, still in the original box with all papers, 4X mate to the one on the
7 x 61 awhile ago but it also has tapered crosshairs. The B&L tapered crosshairs are really nice for me but not quite so nice as the Lee Dot. So I checked with Lee to see what it would cost to puit a Lee

#9 ·
Hello Kriggevaer,

And thanks for the welcome to the S&L group. You mention in replying to Harry, "when the family sold teh machinery and business" in 1994. Presumedly you are refering to Neils Larsen or had he passed on? If not is he still with us now? As far as the "logo" (man, I hate that Madison Ave. term, its an "emblem"!!!) is concerned I wondered about what you used in your posts as well. Have you considered making it into a bumber sticker? I'm probably good for about half a dozen if you do. Or I have someone that could make some if you are interested.

As far as scope moutns are concerned it is really hard to beat a good old Kuharsky Bros. mount for a great Bausch & Lomb scope. I'm using a B&L 4X from the late 1950's with a Lee Dot reticule on the Model 60 in 7 x 61 Sharpe & Hart and a 2.5 - 8X from the 1960's with the tapered crosshairs on the Model 68DL in 358 Norma Mag.
Picked up a new, still in the original box with all papers, 4X mate to the one on the
7 x 61 awhile ago but it also has tapered crosshairs. The B&L tapered crosshairs are really nice for me but not quite so nice as the Lee Dot. So I checked with Lee to see what it would cost to puit a Lee Dot in this

#10 ·
Hi 30 Newton. Neils Larsen died in 1969 and his sons ran the company after that.

I do like the old Bausch & Lomb scopes. I have two Balfors, one in Stith Mounts and the other in the B&L mounts, but this are mounted on HVA/FN 98 rifles.

A bumper stick or a T-shirt is something to think about. :D

#11 ·
Hi Krig,

Thanks for the info on Neils Larsen. It appears he was a bit older than I had surmised but I am not surprised. Saw my bumper sticker friend this evening. It is definitely a do-able thing should you be interested. At the same time, if you bump
into any S & L's in 308 Norma Mag. for sale at a reasonable cost that you don't want yourself I'd be interested in learning of it.

Take care, 30 Newton

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.