Default Help in identifying marks on a Type 38 and Type 99 Arisaka

These are pics (admittedly bad) of two Arisakas in my uncle's possession. Sadly, they have been sporterized ages ago, but I'm just concerned with identifying the meaning of their markings as Lord knows trivia like this fascinates me no end, but I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the Arisaka rifle family.

Here is the side of the receiver of his Type 38; all I can determine is that it was made at either the Koishikawa arsenal or the Kokura arsenal and I cannot figure out much more beyond that:

This was the best picture of the receiver side of the Type 99 I was able to get in the time I had; all that is visible, I assume, is the arsenal mark and some other character I cannot identify. Sadly, the rest of the rifle appears to have been scrubbed clean:

I have been using http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html to assist me, but I seem to be at an obstacle, or else I'm just not reading something correctly.

Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by Gewehrwolf; 08-30-2009 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Type 99 picture

first picture would be a T38 carbine,kokura 2nd series...second picture is a kokura t-99 ,all that shows behind the scope mount is the kokura arsenal symbol and the inspection proof.

Thanks, Dave

So, on the Type 38, I can assume that the marks that follow the arsenal symbol are inspection proofs as well?

yes

Thanks again

Default try this link

http://www.gunboards.com/sites/banza...of_M99InspMark it should clear up a bit about the marks.
    Last edited by davef; 08-31-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Very nice - bookmarked it

Pity I don't have the money to feed an Arisaka, as the more I learn about them the more I want to give one a good home someday.

They arent that expensive to feed,if you stay away from the fancy food like norma,why feed them filet mignon when they digest bologna better to start with.Buy hornady or order it from MrNambu and its as good or better than norma ammo (norma is excellent brass tho if you reload,just the ammo is poorly fitted to arisaka).

Haha; at a $1.10 a shot, even Hornady is too rich for my blood. Part of why our Enfields stay in the closet - just costs too much for a satisfying amount of shooting time.

But thanks for the advice; maybe one day I'll be able to expand the collection a bit, and I'm not near as put off by Arisakas as I was when I first started collecting.