Default Fireball load for Mosin-Nagant carbine

Does anyone have a favorite fireball load for a M44 carbine?
    I want to load some just for fun , not worried about accuracy or velocity.
    I will be using pulled 150 grain .311 diameter FMJ bullets from Wideners and once fired Prvi-Partizan brass. I have several powders available;IMR 4320, H4895, IMR4198, H414, Red Dot, Blue Dot, and Accurate #5.
    Thanks in advance.
    kyswede

Actually the rifle powders you have wont produce that kind of a fireball that you seek I assume your looking for milsurp ammo flame thrower and shock and awe effect?:D
    What you need and want is slow burning powders ! H380 and slower preferably ball powders. and use a regular non mag primer!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

LETS GO PENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not just buy some milsurp ammo if all you want is the fireball and you're not concerned with accuracy or velocity?

"The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament..."

I'm starting, to suspect that I, don't know how to use commas.

The only surplus 7.62x54R ammo I have is Czech silver tip. It doesn't make a very big fireball compared to the Prvi-Partizan 203 grain soft point I have been shooting. I plan to reload some serious ammo for my 2 91/30s,
    2 M44s,and my M38, but I just want some shock-n-awe loads to start out. Maybe the lighter bullet in the Czech has something to do with the small fireball.
    kyswede

You're gonna wear out alot of brass quickly.
    If a man has nothing greater to believe in than himself, he is a very lonely man.

I reckon so. I guess we all died a little in that damn war.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEJ1990TM View Post
    Well, all right. Maybe just this once.

Quote Originally Posted by kyswede View Post
    The only surplus 7.62x54R ammo I have is Czech silver tip. It doesn't make a very big fireball compared to the Prvi-Partizan 203 grain soft point I have been shooting. Maybe the lighter bullet in the Czech has something to do with the small fireball.
    kyswede
    The reason is the heavier bullet is loaded with a slower burning powder and does not burn completely/effeciently in the shorter barrelled carbines. The CZ light ball is loaded with a powder "similar" in burn rate to 4895

Tim

Please excuse my failing memory. I checked the last box of Prvi ammo I have and the bullet weight is 150 grains. I must have been thinking about the box of Barnual 203 gr. hunting ammo I got at a gun show. Also the pulled bullets from Wideners are 147 gr. not 150 gr.
    Has anyone noticed a difference in fireballs between Russian,Hungarian or Bulgarian surplus? Maybe I need to try something besides the Czech light ball.
    kyswede

Quote Originally Posted by kyswede View Post
    Does anyone have a favorite fireball load for a M44 carbine?
    I want to load some just for fun , not worried about accuracy or velocity.
    I will be using pulled 150 grain .311 diameter FMJ bullets from Wideners and once fired Prvi-Partizan brass. I have several powders available;IMR 4320, H4895, IMR4198, H414, Red Dot, Blue Dot, and Accurate #5.
    Thanks in advance.
    kyswede
    I also have to add, fireball load. That is a new "term" for me, although I understand the meaning.
    If a man has nothing greater to believe in than himself, he is a very lonely man.

I reckon so. I guess we all died a little in that damn war.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEJ1990TM View Post
    Well, all right. Maybe just this once.

Back in March of this year my son and daughter-in-law came in from Germany (both in Army). We had a family get together with the usual shooting of many firearms. There were about 15 people and about 20 guns ranging from 22s to 8mm Mausers. The crowd favorite was my Mosin-nagant M38 carbine. Everyone loved the muzzle blast and big fireball it produced.
    kyswede

Default Fireball Powders

Hi
    I have two powders for you. One is H335 the other is Ball C2. They both produce a Lot of flame out of a fairly short barrel. A moderate load out of my 18" 7.65 Arg Carbine really lights up. It is accurate too. They are also good powders for the 223 round in a mini 14. If you use these powders in much longer barrels you will not have the fire or much less of it.
    n.h.schmidt

If my memory serves right .I always thought the Albanian and Chinese LB loads were the biggest flame producers in my carbines.I do know it makes the most noise when I load the pulled down powder in my 223 ,Every highpower shooter on the line knows when my rifle goes off, but good consistant powder though.

Tim

Thanks for the help everyone, I will try some of the powders suggested.
    kyswede