Default Putting Rem 870 barrel on Norinco clone

I was looking for a cheap truck shotgun, so I picked up a Hawk 982, a ChiCom clone of the Remington 870, for $200 at a gun show. It's got GR rear sight and a kind of tall front sight, which I didn't care for. I really wanted one of the clones with the rifle sights bit didn't see any at this show.

As fate would have it, Midway had a Rem 870 barrel, IC, RS on sale for $114 (dealer price). So I said, what the hell, I'll get it and help support Larry at the same time. I figured it would be a direct fit on the Hawk.

Wrong. The barrel ring on the Remington barrel is farther down than the one on the stock barrel. Other than that, it fits. I solved the problem by turning a piece of 1" ID PVC tube down until the wall thickness was a couple of millimeters, then cut it off to 3 3/16th inches to make a spacer. Put on the Rem barrel, put the spacer on the mag tube, and screw down the cap. Voila, she is finish.

I'm eventually going to replace the PVC with a piece of 1" ID seamless tubing, just gotta find a small piece someplace.

http://forums.gunboards.com/image.php?u=666&type=sigpic&dateline=1246032163

"We stacked f**ks like you 5 feet high in Korea. We used you for sandbags."

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Now who's bringing the hot wings?

I've filled my "stupid people" quota for the year. Sorry, I'm not accepting any more applications.

I bought a Norinco Ultra 87 and used all 870 replacement parts for it when the bolt and slide gave from shooting it. Works fine now, and the parts were a perfect fit.
    Romanian PSL-54c | Norinco Ultra 87 (2) | Stevens 107B | Stevens 15-A | GSG-522 | Savage 116 | S&W 4046
    Sig P238 | CZ-82 | Stoeger 12ga Coach
    NRA Life Member