Thread: My numbers matching Swedish bayonets

Default My numbers matching Swedish bayonets

I finally got around to taking some pictures of some of my bayonets. I decided to only take pictures of the matching ones. Some have the unit numbers remarked in the past as you will see from the pictures. Forgive my picture taking, I am either hit or miss.

Odin, my Västgötaspets or Swedish Vallhund
    Last edited by GregCandR; 10-06-2009 at 05:27 PM.

I guess the Swede bayonet is a bit too common to get excited about. I think a matching numbers early style M96 bayonet would be better liked. Will have to find one of those.

swede is offline Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member

Well , you are lucky to find that many matching M-96 bayonets . I have some mint M-96 bayonets , but none are matching . Never seen one until now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 is to many for one collector . You need to spread them around .

I do have one of the flat button M-96 bayonets in mint condition , #682 & marked " EJ " , " Crown E & entwined anchor " , " AB " . It has a mint , unissued & unnumbered scabbard , marked " EAB " . So , wrong maker ? Sorry , no photos . Bought another one off EBAY & the seller took the money & ran . Closed his account & never heard from him again .

Default The one marked "558" got me excited...........

..............but alas, after checking, my rifle is a "554" !

Dale

Hey Swede, if you can find another flat buttom M/96 bayo I would trade$$$ for a nice matched #'s conical button one. I also have one that is nickel plated with matching #'s. Plating man said the nickel plate was not a recent job but couldn't say just how old.

Default Very nice.

Greg,

That's a nice collection of matching bayonets you have there! How long did it take you to find them all? I have yet to find one, but I haven't been looking too hard either. I like the way you set a goal and then go after it, like your quest for early SA marked m/96's. My collecting is a lot less purposeful. I just pick up stuff that I like and that fills in a hole in the collection. Now you should seek out an all-matching rifle with a serial number matching one of your bayonets. That would be very cool. I also like that you've got early frogs for them too. Thanks for sharing.

I think I started looking for them only less than a year on and off. They have been fun to collect. I wanted one for every SA marked M96 that I have. I still need more bayonets as the rifles add up faster than the blades. And the 3 Norwegian Krags that I have found lately have gotten in the way a bit as well, as I have been looking for blades for them too.

As for the early frogs, thanks for noticing. The bladed ladies wear nothing but the finest leathers.
    Last edited by GregCandR; 10-08-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Nice bayonet collection, very cool that they match!

Pahtu.

Default M-96 Flat Button Bayonet

Here are a few photos of my flat button M-96 bayonet , marked " 682 " . Made by " Eskilstuna Jernmanufactur AB " & marked " EJ , Crown over anchor entwined with an E , AB " . Unnumbered scabbard made by " Erik Anton Berg AB " & marked " EAB " . Both in mint condition . Sorry , not the greatest photos .

Never seen (heard of them) a flat buttoned bayo. Nice find, Swede

Swede - If you don't mind me asking, what's the story how you found that flat stud bayonet? I found mine on Gunbroker. It was part of a package deal which included a Ljungman, ammo belt, and frog. When the package didn't sell, I made an offer on the bayo alone and it was re-listed with my buy-it-now price.

Just BLIND LUCK !!!!!!! I bought it many years ago in a yard sale for $10 or $15 . Nothing else but junk for sale & nothing else miltary . I did not know what it was at the time . I guess it woud sell in the $125+ range ????? The Dutchman has one or maybe he sold his ????? One of only a few deals that I have ever run across on my life .

Check your PM .
    Last edited by swede; 01-26-2013 at 09:14 AM.