Default My 1947 Brno Model 1

OK, it is a TERRIBLE photo that does not do the gorgeous gal justice, but...

Serial is below 10,000, overall superb, just missing the front sight hood (tracking one down now). Heavy steel base mag, SUPERB walnut (hard to tell in these pics). Marked on the barrel top to a Czech name - final inspector or??? That's a Leupold 4X on there now, until I find an appropriate Meopta...

Hi Vulch
    Very nice, the early 1946, 1947 and possibly 1948 Brno1's did have a big font inspection mark on the barrel, at what seems a random position on the circumference, indicating that it was punched on prior to barrel fitup, see example;

a capital N was another I have seen, but never a full name, can you post a close up?
    The magazine is actually an early model 2 magazine, the correct mag is the one on the left in this photo:

I can possibly swap it for a correct one if you are interested. Looks to be a very nice rifle all the same, thank goodness no idiot has threaded it for a moderator! One day I hope I will come across one, when/if I do I hope it will be the "De Luxe" checkered version, may as well stretch my luck!
    Cheers, Paul

Default 31963.

Mine Brno # 1 has ser.number 31963.
    What year it was made?
    Thanks.
    1."Кто не с нами,-тот против нас.
    Если враг не сдается,- его уничтожают"- Максим Горький.
    2."..Мы будем преследовать террористов везде. В аэропорту в аэропорту. Значит, Вы уж меня извините, в туалете поймаем, мы и в сортире их замочим, в конце концов. Всё, вопрос закрыт окончательно."- В. Путин.
    3."The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    - Thomas Jefferson.

Moy Drug,

Considering mine is 096XX, made in 1947, a little extrapolation should put yours around 1950 I think. Look on the barrel and action left hand side, under the proof - the year is there.

Paul, thanks for the offer, but I love the heavy base mags. They drop out easier and are not flimsy. Give the rifle a classier appearance rather than the stamped base, or even better than the plastic base of more recent ones. The new plastic mags in the new production are TERRIBLE (and I think the new 452-2e's are a BIG step backwards from the Model 2 and early 452's).

Model 1's have always been and will always be my favourite .22, STUNNINGLY accurate (outshoot the WAY overpriced Winchester 52 any day, no matter what incarnation the 52 is in!) and I managed with regular ease to outshoot guys using Kimbers and Anschutz's! Brno made them right from the beginning.

My dealer took his TGF marked refurb out to the range the other day and managed 498/500.... says a lot about the capability of the rifle!!!

PS Paul - the Czech name I am referring to is stamped along the barrel right on top, basically above the Brno trademark stamp. IT is Tomas "Something" with all the accent marks etc that identify it as a Czech name. Possibly it was a rifle from an owner in Czechoslovakia, a personal piece of a military officer, a factory rifle, or....

I'll post pics when I get it - licensing here in QLD is taking an eternity at the moment.