pcanhot is offline Empress of the Underworld and Diamond Bullet Member

Default Dailybread.com Food Storage (warning)

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered. An advanced search brought up no results.

I was listening to talk radio on the way to work and heard an ad for dailybread.com. They provide emergency food storage with a 25 year shelf life.

I was curios if anyone knew anything about this or if they have tried the food.

http://www.dailybread.com/

I just ordered a free sample to try it. I'll report on my results.
    Last edited by pcanhot; 10-27-2009 at 10:23 AM.

I just ordered one too, I hope it would make good food for hiking.

Might be important and save some time:
    Thanks for your interest in Daily Bread. Offer is currently limited to residents of the following areas: Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, California, Washington, Virginia, Oregon, Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Dallas Fort Worth. Limit: One sample per household. Daily Bread reserves the unqualified right to deny sample requests, as determined in its sole and absolute discretion.
    The surplus of verbiage oft times consummates in a loss of perspicacity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Thanks Bill, good to share.

why can you limit your samples from california to virginia AND atlanta, and leave us out here in good ole MS.?
    " Dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machinegun"... Bo Diddley

Default poor ole miss

no kidding Falm16, southern miss always is the last in line, heck we just got roads the other day down here, my horse told me he didn't like the smell of the asphalt.................

Sounds like they are protecting their high priced franchises - as they say they UPS all products - but will not send food items to states without their official sales people? Product sounds good, but the sales plan does not.

I smell rip-off, but maybe it's just me ... Would be nice to know how much they have actually sold.

Found this
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/ADVISO......-a060501333

Looks like they recruit people to sell thier product and the people they recruit. recruit people to sell thier product..
    Product appears to be Mountain House or private label made by mountain house from what I can glean from other forums and thier price is about $1500 for 3 months supply. Also, some unhappy customers said some of it was in the indivdual MH pouches.

Apparntly they are pretty new but recruiting folks fast so folks can "pass on the discount to thier friends"

So it appears that this is really just another multi-level marketing deal, in other words, a pyramid scheme. Buyer beware! It goes from a heads up about a potential good deal with an offer of free samples to a warning about a potential rip off. My guess is that everyone who ordered the "free sample" is about to be inundated with invitations to attend seminars where you will learn how you too can become a partner or exclusive distributor by simply investing "X" amount and then getting someone else to join under you. These pyramid schemes never work out well. They talk you into joining then try to get you to commit to a higher level, then before you know it you find you can't get anyone to join under you and you are contractually obligated to continue to buy useless and unsellable products. I did it once and was out $500.00 for a year, but a friend stuck with the company for several years, until they went out of business, and by that time he had invested $10,000. Their primary product was vitamins and supplements including those weight loss pills that caused heart attacks. Don't get stuck in a bad deal.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Quote Originally Posted by IamElmerJFudd View Post
    So it appears that this is really just another multi-level marketing deal, in other words, a pyramid scheme. Buyer beware! It goes from a heads up about a potential good deal with an offer of free samples to a warning about a potential rip off. My guess is that everyone who ordered the "free sample" is about to be inundated with invitations to attend seminars where you will learn how you too can become a partner or exclusive distributor by simply investing "X" amount and then getting someone else to join under you. These pyramid schemes never work out well. They talk you into joining then try to get you to commit to a higher level, then before you know it you find you can't get anyone to join under you and you are contractually obligated to continue to buy useless and unsellable products. I did it once and was out $500.00 for a year, but a friend stuck with the company for several years, until they went out of business, and by that time he had invested $10,000. Their primary product was vitamins and supplements including those weight loss pills that caused heart attacks. Don't get stuck in a bad deal.
    So if I am understanding you correctly... If I become a salesman I could be rich???

Seriously though I hate pyramid schemes and we are the capital of them.

Playing on people's fear of an uncertain future is worse. If this stuff is really private label made by Mtn House then there's probably no advantage to ordering from these people. Enjoy the literature that comes with your "free sample" as it is not only to get you to join the multi level marketing scheme, but according to the above information found by AmmoSgt, they are also a religious group and once they have your number it's very difficult to get them to stop calling.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Great feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSgt View Post
    Found this
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/ADVISO......-a060501333

Looks like they recruit people to sell thier product and the people they recruit. recruit people to sell thier product..
    Product appears to be Mountain House or private label made by mountain house from what I can glean from other forums and thier price is about $1500 for 3 months supply. Also, some unhappy customers said some of it was in the indivdual MH pouches.

Apparntly they are pretty new but recruiting folks fast so folks can "pass on the discount to thier friends"

I ordered a free sample, haven't received the rejection letter that bill did, so I might get to try it.

Become a distributor? not likely.

ETA: Received an email a few days ago from Daily Bread, here is just the start of it:

I wanted to follow-up and make sure you received the sample you requested from Daily Bread Food Storage. If not, please review the packages and prices I have attached. If any meet your budget and you are still interested, please reply with your name, address, and phone number, and a sample will be sent today.

I ordered a sample a few weeks ago (29 Oct), and it has yet to arrive. The rest of the email doesn't give me much confidence that I'll receive anything before buying a package deal.
    Last edited by Hauptmann; 11-23-2009 at 02:28 AM.
    Member: SEGMC; MSR-16

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucket and pouches.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	361546
    I happened on to this site and have to say that I am not surprised by the responses above, I hear comments about this type of practice on a daily basis. I know this thread is about a year old, but if any of you are interested, send me a message or follow this link http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/our_meals.php to request a sample from a company that stands behind their product, delivers on the free sample request, and of course, no bait and switch here like the above mentioned in this thread. Our sample is actual product that you would receive upon purchase, no sample one thing and send another. You can find reviews on other forums such as ar15.com and zombiesquad.com, we do not claim to be the "end all, be all" and in fact our product may not be right for you, that is why you can try before you buy.

Welcome to the forum. Just a reminder, only sponsors can use the forums for advertising, so make sure you only mention your company in the context of a thread discussion as you have here, and we should be fine. If you would like to offer any specials to our forum members we have a sticky at the top of the forum called "The Good Deal Alert Thread" and members look for bargains and special offers there.
    Regards, Alan K.