Gunboards Forums banner

Crown stamp... country of origin? - Dutch

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  snowhunter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Can anyone please tell me from what country this crown is from?

#3 ·
A Nagant revolver?

#5 ·
Hej JK,

Sure looks like a variation of the Danish M-1880 or M1880/85 revolver, but there are differences between the barrel, ejector, and some finishing. Couldn't tell you exactly what it is.

#8 ·
It looks very much like the danish army M.1880/85, caliber 9.1 mm. The crown also looks very much like the danish crown, stamped on danish weapons of this period.

The revolver lacks the danish landyard ring, which could have been removed, and the single picture I have of the M.1880/85 also have a somewhat different hammer spur. The ejector rod is also a bit longer than the danish revolver I have a picture of. Otherwise the shape of the barrel and front sight is a identical to the danish army revolver.

Could this revolver be a variation of the danish army 1880/85 revolver ?

#9 ·
Perhaps my reference material is incorrect but it shows the first revolver as the Omdrejningspistol M. 1880(/85) for hærens officerer. The second photo is the revolver I am not sure of. Although there are some features that are very similar. IMHO I think there are too many differences.

sbhva, Do you remember where I might find that thread?

#10 · (Edited)
No, I don't think it is one of the 1880/1885, or 1882 revolver. It does look like an updated version of the former. UPDATE - just plowed through some more notes and photos on the hard drive here and found some photos of a Swiss M1882/29 revolver design by Schmidt that has strong resemblances to your revolver. So, the general design looks like it was wide spread in Europe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.