Question Romanian M69 Training Rifle Scope?

Just purchased a 1981 roll mark M69 and have been wondering which specific scope rings made anywhere that will work on it to mount a small rim-fire scope, nothing over an inch in diameter.

I already know that the "rail" on top is not meant for that originally, however it has been done. I am just curious as to how others have done it.

I really don't want to have to tap the receiver to mount a scope onto it, but I will if I'm screwed on options.

I really need actual products people have used to do this, and photos are always helpful. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sgt. Rock Hard Freedom; 11-02-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Grammar

Hi Sarge,

Contact Josh Smith on this board PM or E-mail him. He said he has done a number of things to his rifle. He posted some really tight groups. He stops by a few times a week.

Best,
    point6
    Last edited by point622000; 11-05-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Thank you Point, I'll be sure to drop him a line.

I just found adapters to fit the 1969 Romanian trainer at smsguns.com....might just have what You are looking for.

Here is the way I mounted a scope on my Romanian M69 rifle.
    I bought a set of Simmons 3/8" dovetail scope mounts. Yes, they are too wide for the rail. What I did, is remove metal from the clamp side till they were narrow enough to fit the rail. My "rail" was a tad offset to the left, which worked out perfectly. Remember you're removing a bit off of the right side, of a mount that was designed for a bigger rail. So, if it was centered, it would be a bit out of line to the right. The offset balanced that out and the scope is centered over the bore. Not that it would make much difference, but it's nice to have it in line with the bore. You may have to adjust the clamps, ever so slightly, to keep the mounts perpendicular to the rifle. It's important to note here, that not all rails (and I understand these were not cut for that purpose) are dovetail cut, some are cut square. It yours are square, you'll need to under cut them. Mine were dovetail. By modifying the mounts, instead of drilling and tapping the rifle, I was able to keep the rifle un-modifyed, which I prefer for my old surplus rifles.
    Here is a pic showing the scoped rifle and a close up of the mounts. You want to maintain the original shape of the mount, if you can. I shot this rifle first, to see if the accuracy would warrant the work of scoping it. It did.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rom M69 mount..jpg  

Looks like this is the best bet I've found so far to get anything to work. I'll give it a shot and let you all know how it turned out. Thanks again!

I am going to epoxy a ruger 10/22 mount bar on one and then cut out the area where the cartridge has to eject.
    gil

I have found a better solution than the one I posted earlier. I bought a set of 22 scope rings from one of our members (thanks again Mosin46). It's a Millett BRNO CZ-452 1" rings that fit the Romanian M1969 very well. It also has the add benefit of the windage adjustable mounting system. I put the Simmons scope back on it with these mounts and it's rock solid and perfectly aligned with the bore. I tossed that first set of rings away. This set works great and you don't have all the work I went through with that first set.
    The Millett set I used, was a medium height, you might get by with a low, depending on the scope you use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scope-rings-mfg.gif 
Views:	31 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	361820

do you know where i can get these?

Quote Originally Posted by Texxut View Post
    I have found a better solution than the one I posted earlier. I bought a set of 22 scope rings from one of our members (thanks again Mosin46). It's a Millett BRNO CZ-452 1" rings that fit the Romanian M1969 very well. It also has the add benefit of the windage adjustable mounting system. I put the Simmons scope back on it with these mounts and it's rock solid and perfectly aligned with the bore. I tossed that first set of rings away. This set works great and you don't have all the work I went through with that first set.
    The Millett set I used, was a medium height, you might get by with a low, depending on the scope you use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scope-rings-mfg.gif 
Views:	31 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	361820
    --Do you know where i can get these scope rings?

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter42995 View Post
    --Do you know where i can get these scope rings?
    Direct from Millett. Optics Planet. Midway. Brownell's. Doubtless other places handling firarms parts and accessories. I've seen them in gun shops.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)