Default Where to get parts-Hunter Arms (L C Smith) Fulton

I have a very nice double barrel auto eject Hunter Arms "The Fulton" 12 g, made in 1919 with an F prefix which has the Royal steel barrels. It is missing the whole forend assembly. Any ideas on where to get one? I tried Gunparts corp. Auction Arms and Gunbroker didn't have one right now. Thanks

2520wcf Guest

My usual reply to hard double gun questions: Ask over on the www.doublegunshop.com "Doublegun BBS" forum. If anyone knows, somebody over there will. Not an easy item to find, but there has to be one out there, or at least the metal parts. You could have somebody make the wood parts, or order them from some of the suppliers of shotgun wood. It's the forend iron and especially the ejectors that will be hard to get. Possible LC Smith ejectors might work?

Thank you. I'll give it a try. Do you know if the L C Smith metal from that same type will interchange?

2520wcf Guest

No, I don't know the Hunter Arms boxlocks like yours well at all, so can't comment on their interchangeability with other Hunter Arms guns like the Smith. Somebody on the BBS might know, tho. They'll also know who makes good wood for these classics.

It's a real problem with shotguns as the forearms are a lot easier to lose or misplace than the rest of the gun.

Good Luck.
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

There is a excellent L.C. Smith forum, just do a search...I'm sure they can help....