Thread: k98 Yugo Capture

Default k98 Yugo Capture

I have a K98 Yugo on the way. I have been looking for large ring mauser for sometime, I had a M48 but it wasn't a very accurate, it did have an ELM stock and was matching so I sold it. Also, I had a bub'd M48 BO that I sold as well. The price was right on this one. The owner claims the bore is mint. It still has some Nazi marks on front sight, the rear sight, and the bolt. The barrel may be new. The stock is a German k98. The left side of the barrel is marked prejudecee 44 and the receiver is marked MOD 98. This will get interesting to find out what exactly this rifle is when I get it.A Matching bolt, a new barrel and a obscure 42 mark would be nice.

I think I saw this one on GB, and was very tempted to buy it as the price was definitely right. Hope it turns out really nice for you!

If you got the GB rifle, good deal. I was really debating about that one to add to my Yugo collection. Let us know more about it when it comes in.

Congrats!

Default K98 Yugo Capture.

If I don't like this rifle I will resell it. I haven't had good luck with M48's.
    I would look at probably a Vz 24, which will had to find a decent one, a
    M24/47 they were made by FN & Brno or, maybe a 1943 Spanish Mauser.
    The seller's on Gunbroker, half don't know how to photgraph a rifle or describe it. It makes bidding on them alot harder and riskier. I will tell people on that their Japeneese Mauser is a Chineese one ect... or people who list Swedish Mausers and
    don't photo the bore disc.

The Yugo Mausers are not so good Guns,often in a really bad Condition and not so good Material.
    The Preducece44 are Chaptured Guns from Nazigermany,they are in a better Condition and better quality.
    The Best 98 Style Rifles are The Vz 24 Produced from the Czech in the Brno Arsenal.They had other 8x57IS Barrels with a little bit depper Grooves on broader Lands.
    sorry for my bad english!

There are no Kangaroos in Austria!

Maggo, if you saw the Yugo mausers that were imported here in the states, then you would change your mind. There is nothing wrong with yugo mausers. Each one I have is a great shooter and the best 98 style rifle is the German k98. VZ24's are good rifles too.

Default Yugo K98 Capture

I have not had good luck with m48's, however there were plenty that were imported that were in mint condition. Other options would be a Turkish Mauser ( short rifle) most have dark barrels and mismatched bolts.
    The M24/47 is a nice rifle they were made by FN & BRNO and well made at that. The Vz 24's are great if you can find with a Lion Crest, matching bolt and clean bore. A Spanish Mauser seems like it would be ok for a large ring Mauser 1943. They Yugoslavians are rumored to only fix what was necesssary on captured K98's , that is why you will see matching numbers on them. The Yugoslavians have alot of experience with Mausers. The Russians captures don't seem as nice. They mixed the parts up, some have very poor barrels, and they were elctropenciled. The Yugo's are almost always scrubbed. The Russians just put an 'x' on the receiver.
    However they mixed up all the parts. Both sometimes missed on waffenamp marks. The French also have capture guns and they made a few Mausers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warfire View Post
    Maggo, if you saw the Yugo mausers that were imported here in the states, then you would change your mind. There is nothing wrong with yugo mausers. Each one I have is a great shooter and the best 98 style rifle is the German k98. VZ24's are good rifles too.

That´s right !

The most (Good) Surplus Rifles/Surplus Ammo go to the USA.The European Gun Market are too small because the most European Contrys have too Restrictive Gun Laws or Gun Bans.Good Surplus Rifles (especially k98, Enfields,Springfield1903) in a very good condition in Europe are very rare, and cost a lot.
    sorry for my bad english!

There are no Kangaroos in Austria!

Default Large Ring Mausers

What we are talking about large ring mausers. Vz-24's rarely have matching bolts, some were conterbored, some have beat up stocks, scrubed crest and dark bores. If you can find a good one buy it. When the Germans took BRNO the only changes they made to the Vz 24's was to change the proof marks. I'm sure the same would hold for FN as well.
    Yugo, M24/47 seems like a decent Mauser as well, theese were made by FN or BRNO, can be had with like new bores, and matching numbers. I would choose theese over an M48. Although there are some M48's out there are unissued condition. If I had to choose between a Yugo capture or a Russian Capture,I would half to say Yugo. The Yugies made their own version on the k98, the M48. The have been know to rebarrel K98's
    and make their own stocks for them. There are all matching Yugo K98's out there as well. The Yugies on alot of theese only fixed , what was necessary to fix. Russian captures, look rougher, the electropenciled the bolts and the magazines floorplates, and mixmatched the parts. Some
    have very rough bores as well. However, they didn't scrubbed the receivers. Spanish Mausers like the 1943, can also be had in this price
    range, with good bores and matching numbers, unscrubbed. A German K98
    start at 4 bills, and that aint a matching one. From there, the sky is the limit.

Default Large Ring Mausers

What we are talking about large ring mausers. Vz-24's rarely have matching bolts, some were conterbored, some have beat up stocks, scrubed crest and dark bores. If you can find a good one buy it. When the Germans took BRNO the only changes they made to the Vz 24's was to change the proof marks. I'm sure the same would hold for FN as well.
    Yugo, M24/47 seems like a decent Mauser as well, theese were made by FN or BRNO, can be had with like new bores, and matching numbers. I would choose theese over an M48. Although there are some M48's out there on unissued condition. If I had to choose between a Yugo capture or a Russian Capture,I would half to say Yugo. The Yugies made their own version on the k98, the M48. The have been know to rebarrel K98's
    and make their own stocks for them. There are all matching Yugo K98's out there as well. The Yugies on alot of theese only fixed , what was necessary to fix. Russian captures, look rougher, the electropenciekd the bolts and the magazines floorplates, and mixmatched the parts. Some
    have very rough bores as well. However, they didn't scrubbed the receivers. Spanish Mausers like the 1943, can also be had in this price
    range, with good bores and matching numbers, unscrubbed. A German K98
    start at 4 bills, and that aint a matching one. From there, the sky is the limit.

Default k98 Yugo capture

Well my rifle came in today. No serial numbers match. The blue is worn. The stock was refinished and is laminated. There is now way to identify this rifle. The barrel is mirror bright.It appears to be rebarreled by theYugies.Next is to the rifle range. It also has the Yugo torch crest on
    the receiver. I'm happy with it so far.