Gunboards Forums banner

Replica WW2 Japanese swords

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  John Sukey In Memoriam 
#1 ·
This may offend the true collector, but I have searched for the real article and have discovered that they are way past my limit. I have a friend who collects such blades, and recently, he paid four figures for a several hundred year old sword. What I am looking for is something that is fairly authentic, just to hang on my wall in the man cave. I've seen a bunch from China on eBay, and was considering a type 95 or 98 replica--I know they are not the real thing. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
SSPC. What's your budget? Lots of real WWII swords sell for less than $500.00, on ebay. A good many for less than $400.00. A decent looking fake, will run at least $150.00-$200.00. Save your money, and buy a real sword. JMHO;)

#9 ·
while there are swords that are hundreds of years old and handed down in the family, lots of WW2 swords were mass produced. Particularly the NCO swords. If I wanted one of those, I would find a dealer with a GOOD reputation and pay the price which shouldn't cost an irreplaceable body part.

Have a Wakasashi that was given to me by a relative. His mother was using it to CUT WEEDS. Cost me about $500 to get it restored. Not that I care for japanese weapons but hate to see anything that old (1750's) trashed.
No Tsuba, No wrapping on grip, half the shark skin, missing, no menuki, and a piece of the scabbard missing plus polishing the blade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.