Thread: Fa Loomis XL no 10 shotgun

Default Fa Loomis XL no 10 shotgun

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the history of this shotgun. It belonged to my grandpa. It is a double barrel, break open shotgun with exposed hammers. It is marked "FA Loomis XL no 10" behind the trigger. It is also stamped "Laminated Steel" between the barrels. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
    is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Welcome to Gunboards VA121. What you have was imported by Folsom Arms, late 19th to early 20th century, probably made in Belgium, which will be stamped on the bottom of the barrels. Not worth much except for its sentimental value to your family. Probably shouldn't be shot as laminated steel barrels can de-laminate with age and are not suitible for the pressure of modern ammo.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.

Thanks for the information. I was told my grandpa found it when he was riding horseback through Death Valley back in the 20's or 30's. So it is more of a sentimental item.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
    is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

That's a great story. Clean her up and hang her over the mantle.
    Regards, Alan K.
    Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for gold or guns.