Default 7.5 mm ordnance question

There is little visible difference between Swiss 7.5 mm ordnance ammo for the 1882 and Swedish ammo for the 1887 Nagant. Are they interchangeable?

I've also read that the Fiocchi is significantly hotter than other 7.5 mm pistol ammo. Has anyone shot in an 1882 or 1887? Thanks, Dan

Left to right: Fiocchi 7.5 mm Swiss, Swiss Ordnance 7.5mm, German 7.5 mm Swedish m/87, Swedish m/87.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 up 2.jpg   4 down.jpg  
    "Shoot straight you bastards! Don't make a mess of it!"

Lt. Harry "Breaker" Morant, February 27, 1902, Pretoria, South Africa.

It is my understanding that the 7.5 Swiss Ordinance and the Swedish 7.5 Army are basically identical rounds differing only in bullet type and are interchangeable. I have a 1882 Swiss Ordinance but have yet to pick up some rounds for it. Have been going to try Stars and Stripes Ammo.

I have examples of the 7.5 Nagant and 7.5 Swiss Ord. revolvers, as well as the various types of ammo. They are interchangeable. The 7.5 Nagant ammo I have used was made by Norma around 1960 and it is light target ammo.

I have shot various types of Fiochi revolver ammo - 7.5 Swiss, 8mm French, 8mm Rast-Gasser and .455 MKII - and I consider all of it to be loaded on the hot-side. Not that it's bad ammo, it works and the revolvers it functions in are noted for being rugged anyway.

For target shooting with a Swiss Ord revolver, one might consider using .32-20 Winchester brass. But keep your loads light - Don't load to rifle pressures!

Best regards,
    Greg

Thanks Greg. That's what I read too, but it's good to get confirmation. Dan

Default Difference in bullets

I found this in cartridges of the world. Difference between the two appears to be bullet diameter.

7.5mm Swiss Army Revolver
    7.5mm Swedish Nagant Revolver