Default shipping eotech sight abroad?

Not sure if this is the correct subforum to post but here goes. Contemplating shipping an eotech sight from the US to the Philippines. Any legal hassles/obstacles, or would it be considered an optics type equipment? Thanks in advance.

Depends if there are any export regulations on the US end to prevent it, and more importantly (and more likely) on the PI end. I suspect that end may be the problem as many Third World countries (especially those fighting terrorists and insurgents) are more likely than not to have restrictions on such items. Why don't you contact Eotech and ask them?
    Last edited by anarchy; 12-01-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    "It's the end of the World as we Know it...and I feel fine!":eek:

Well, I didn't see any particular restrictions on this US military export document:

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulati...R_Part_121.pdf

Just thought somebody here might know or have already shipped a scope abroad. I will look into asking eotech. Thanks.

Oh, and the receiving party has military connections so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I have sent and received numerous scopes from most of Europe without problems. Both military and civilian types. Most even had a "package x-rayed" sticker on them from the parcel service.

Quote Originally Posted by docnyt View Post
    Well, I didn't see any particular restrictions on this US military export document:

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulati...R_Part_121.pdf

Just thought somebody here might know or have already shipped a scope abroad. I will look into asking eotech. Thanks.

Oh, and the receiving party has military connections so it shouldn't be a big deal.
    The Second Amendment: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY

Thanks for the input.

It is probably prohibited, without State Department License as it is military equipment. If our military uses something it is usually prohibited be shipped overseas. As mentioned, contact the manufacturer.

I recently ordered an eotech site and had it shipped to my parents' house in the US. Upon doing so I noticed that there was a disclaimer stating that shipping the optic to some countries was prohibited. This is not a direct quote.... All I am saying is that you could have issues with this. If you have friends in the US military over there, have it shipped to their address. This should avoid any hassles. Optics, computers, and other things which have restricted over seas sales can be sent to APO's. Computers fall in with this, and I recently had one sent to my APO in Afghanistan with no problems. Just make sure to ensure it.