Default Argentine FAL questions??

I am looking at an Argentine FSL FAL and have a few questions on it. It is all matching, plastic stock with the typical "FSL....308" and the SN (7+ digit??) on the left and manufacturer on the right side of the receiver (with the same SN stamped on the lower). The barrel also has the SN on it.

I see no import marks anyplace on this piece. I looked especially close at the barrel and
    magazine well (where they normally are) for them...and any other part of the rifle.

The rifle is a mixture of blued/painted is in near mint condition.

Since these were imported in the mid 90's, it should be import stamped.

Do they exist without import stamps?? Is this considered "contradband" without those marking???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Brian

don't know but how much? if you don't want it i'll take it.:D
    " Dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machinegun"... Bo Diddley

Go over to the FAL Files and ask this question, you'll have answers coming to you in short order. Lotsa people there who really know the FAL. There's a lot of variation on the Argy FALs

Gunner30,

Thanks...saw your post/link on there. Thank you, much appreciated. I am in the process of registering, so that I may post myself.

I am not familiar with the FN FAL series (I collect mainly G/K43's etc.)...and would like to learn though about them.

Brian

Default Argentine FAL

Since you said that it is "mixed parts, blued/painted", there is a very good chance that the rifle was assembled in the states. An Argentine FAL receiver was imported just as a stripped receiver and then the rest of the parts were assembled on that receiver. There may have been an importers information on the receiver and it may have been removed during any refinishing process or it may be stamped inside of the receiver. Pictures would help immensely.
    Bill

"General Washington did not defeat the British Army with freedom of speech. He shot them."

Every problem can be solved through the proper application of explosives, duct tape, teflon, WD-40, or any combo of the aforementioned items.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again!

Thanks. That is certainly possible. I believe the barrel/flash hider are blued. the rest is painted. Not here for me to take pics of.

Hello most of the Commercial Argies had blued flashiders and the rest was painted.It sounds kind of like a National Arms Import with the serial on the bbl.Thanks EX1

Sounds like this may be it. i know the flash hider was blued, and the barrel had the SN stamped in it....maybe somebody carefully removed the importer stamp, then re-finished the barrel??...would not be a first

Here's the reply thread on FAL Files. Glad to be of service

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=277165

Gunner

Thank you.

OK, assuming that it may actually be "correct" as is....is it worth 1200? It is in 98%+ condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kowalski View Post
    Thank you.

OK, assuming that it may actually be "correct" as is....is it worth 1200? It is in 98%+ condition.
    It is worth it, I have new argie FAL parts kit from Sarco I have $550.00 in.

All, I got a closer look at this rifle today...with reading glasses on.

I found a small light partial import stamp (covered in dried crud) next to the magazine release.

It seem that the lower is a 8 digit number. The upper had the last four added to it, but the first four are the same as the lower. The barrel is matched to the receivers first four numbers.

I suspect the lower was matched to the upper by the importer maybe??? the whole rifle seems to be parkerized with a thin layer of semi-gloss black paint over that. the bolt is parkerized. the muzzle break is blued and not pinned on. This really is well made and finished, top quality.

Can I assume this is a post ban, assembled by the importer marked on the mag well??

Brian